Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights

Wanted: Roamer Offshore Helm Chair

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by heide163, Apr 27, 2009.

1. heide163

heide163 New Member

summers Duluth, MN. winters Ft. Myers, FL
    I need a helm chair for my Roamer Offshore, I don't know is this type is use on other Chris Craft or not. The chair consists of four legs approximately 36" long with lower cross bars incorporating a round center hole for an attachment bolt to the floor. The condition of the chair itself is unimportant all I really need is the frame.

Contact via Private Message.

Heide163
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

3. heide163

heide163 New Member

Helm Chair

The Roamer offshore has a dedicated pilothouse. There were only 36 of this model made. The helm chair is of the pedestal type with four legs and attached to the floor and not to the cabin sides.
    Heide163
  4. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Offshore layout

I have a 64 Offshore with original helm chair. Do you need info or photo of it? I do not use mine being on the Inland Rivers here in the South. Also, how do you like the aft galley, since this is your second Offshore, as opposed to the forward galley?
  5. heide163

heide163 New Member

Offshore

Laurence,

Are you offering to sell your helm chair? Have you seen the offshore on this foram, that has a custom insertment panel and a custom helm chair? If you have, that was my frist Offshore. I did a lot custom work on that boat. I removed the cowch/bunk wich was just forword the Gally it was unbeliveable how much space this opend up. Then I custom made a ship's desk on the bulkhead and installed a biltin TV above, into the storage compartment, and added two confortable chaires. That was just soe of the changes I made to this boat. The last time this boat was sold it went for 68k.
    As far as the gally is concernd I like the gally forward better, but that's just me, We had four Offshore in this aria all with aft gallie's and one forward, and the guy with the forword wounted an aft Gally. Aft gally makes it more convieyent for cockpit dineing and easer for the cook too service the settee. I'am thinking of makeing some change's to the saloon by removeing the davan/bunk and the entire eating aria and puting in a gally bar with over head cabanets. Just think how much space that would open up.
    There are so few of us that own Offshore's that its a plasure to discust our uniquet boats.

Your new aquants,
    Marv Heide