Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking

Spring launch check list, going on a mooring for first time.

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by NBiancardo, May 5, 2015.

1. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

Hey everyone -

I bought my second boat last summer ('04 SeaRay 320, duel inboards) after it had already been launched, so this is my first go at it with the new boat. Anyone have a good checklist?

All my previous years (grand total of 3!) were spent on the South Shore of LI at a marina, but last winter we had it hauled out and transported to the North shore which is where we live. The hope is we will use it more since it's not an hour away. The trade off is not having access to Fire Island, which will be hard to take. It's a test year, so we will see. Putting her on a mooring, looking at doing a lot of the prep work on land before she gets her feet wet for the summer.

I was getting comfortable working on my old '94 Carver, but this is a totally different animal. All and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

Nick
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

3. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

Thanks for the reply, now if you just happen to know the location of a few of these"gunk holes"!

Our mooring will be just off of Gold Star Beach. Any advice for someone going from a marina to a mooring situation?
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Take your fenders in, you won't need them on a mooring
  5. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

But my fenders have such pretty covers, be a shame not to show them off. lol
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Those covers will last so much better and always have that fresh new look and smell if you stow them away clean and dry everytime.

Righto that's the humour done.

You will have to determine what to leave on and what to turn off

Maybe a solar panel will be needed to charge batteries to keep bilge pumps in standby etc.

As previously posted this question has been asked here a few times and most times it received an exhaustive list of the possibilities.
  7. NBiancardo

NBiancardo New Member

I've actually been looking for one of those posts without luck. Any chance you know of the link?
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member