Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for MotorCheck

Renewal of an MMC (Captain’s License)

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Norseman, Sep 10, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yeah, documented ownership.
    Possible snag could be that the “tonnage” boats I used was owned by my LLC, but I enclosed a piece of paper proving I owned the LLC, therefore indirectly owned the boats.
    Perhaps it blew their minds.
    Whatever, will brush up and take the test as soon as I get the official letter in the mail.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Ownership shouldn’t matter. If you are the owner you need to supply copy of reg or doc. If you are not the owner the sea time form needs to be signed by owner (if individual) or manager/owner of LLC I don’t believe copy of reg or doc is required if you are not the owner.

Has to be size
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yeah, supplied a copy of the Registration and a copy of Documentation as well as the other stuff, but again, no size or tonnage requirement for renewal that I can
    see: Even went straight to the CFRs. Maybe I will call and ask what the problem is..?
    Tomorrow maybe, now back from a delivery with Capt. J and we worked me hard and wore me down, relaxing with a beer instead of calling the fuzz. :cool:
  5. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Well, I looked again and checked your link: Did not enclose articles of Corporation, but rather a copy of the annual LLC Renewal., should be plenty proof but who knows, maybe a new CG Manager of Renewals who wants to go in the History Books as the Hero who cleaned up fraud and renewal scams and now I am the Guinea pig. o_O
    This is my 5th Renewal and never had a problem or accident, no nothing,
    But you got to take the Test Boy, just in case you fudged your Sea-time. :rolleyes:
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It's not about fudging your time. I believe your sea time required for renewal still calls for the same tonnage requirements as your original license seatime. IE days need to be over 34 GRT
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

And a locked thread!

The sea time requirements are silly anyway... a guy could cross to BIM every week end at 20kts and not legally be allowed to log the time because it’s less than 4 hours per day.
  9. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

That was a turbulent thread at the end..
    Renewed once since the 2009 thread, in 2015 and used only Sea time then had no problems, nice and easy.
    Tried the same this time around, but looks like something have changed, still have the time, but need to take the test as well.
    should not be a big deal, unless they changed the test.

It ran it’s course. :cool:
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Mystery Solved.
    It turns out 1 of my 3 Sea Service Forms was missing, hence they thought I was short of Sea Time and had to test.
    Called the CG, no problem she said, fax us your missing Form and no test for you.

(The contractor in Miami who screen the applications forgot to include the last Form, my email Sent Box shows it all complete.)
  11. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

That will do it...
  12. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Wow Sherlock, did you read the very beginning of this new thread, page 1, Post # 1?

Hopefully you were under the influence of strong grog or weak beer. ;)