Click for Northern Lights Click for Apollonian Click for CL Yachts Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

Hatteras 60 motor yacht

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by Georgia, Aug 20, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Georgia

Georgia New Member

anyone out there with feed back on the pros & cons of the Hatteras 60 ft motor yacht
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Quality build as is typical of Hatteras. Good ride and performance with 1135's. Better economy with 1000's/1015's but loss of performance and I'd want the larger option. With 1135's, WOT of 32 and cruise in the 26-28 knot range. Comfortable ride and living. Many positives. Handles conditions well, although a bit stern heavy, especially with full fuel and water and not the best at handling waves on stern.

Negatives in my opinion. First, no lower helm. Means you either have to enclose upper or operate from a flybridge regardless of weather and conditions. That was the deal stopper for us. Now I know Hatteras lovers have no issue with this. Poor arrangements for carrying tender. Many sold without stabilizers and I feel they are a must for the boat. CAT engines and very noisy. 83 decibels at WOT and 78 decibels at cruise. By comparison the 65' Sunseeker we purchased instead was 76 at WOT and 72 at cruise.

Excellent boat, but for the reasons I cited, wasn't the boat for us.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They have a great range and hold a lot of fuel for their size. 1200 gallons I believe, The 1150HP C18's burn 85 GPH at 80%, older 1000 HP 76 GPH (both) at cruise. With the 1150 HP cruise is more like 23 knots with tender and 2 seakeepers and full fuel. They handle very well with the seakeepers. I haven't found them to be too tippy without them, but they definitely help. Half fuel with same equipment 24.5 knots. They have a terrific salon/galley layout with plenty of room for their size. I don't remember them being noisy at cruise, but it's been a while since I've run one at cruise. Teak is very thick, unlike the Euro boats. The highest quality motoryacht in the 60' range.

The hydraulic swim platform is perfectly fine for carrying a tender. The third stateroom is a bit cramped.
  4. Georgia

Georgia New Member

TY-Any input on Grand Alaskan
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

There is a thread on them here on forum. In short nowhere near the quality of a Hatteras.
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator