Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013 FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Old Phart, Oct 23, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Yes, my J-Craft radar zoomed in on this delicious baby!

It is hard to tell from looking at her from the outside but the 42' Torpedo can comfortably sleep four adults plus one captain in two generous cabin areas.

jcraft (10).JPG

jcraft (8).JPG

jcraft (9).JPG

jcraft (6).JPG

jcraft (5).JPG
  2. discokachina

Ombreetsoleil please enjoy some of the meticulously executed details of the J-Craft La Decadence!!

Now I see why you wanted to know if any were in the show, she is quite spectacular!!!

jcraft (4).JPG

jcraft (3).JPG

jcraft (11).JPG

She even comes equipped with a headlight!

jcraft (1).JPG

jcraft (2).JPG
  3. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Hubahubahuba!!!......me like:D
  4. discokachina

I did not notice either but by the time I hit the trawler docks I was pretty blitzed.

I did happen to come across a couple of gorgeous Grand Banks Trawlers.

judy (2).JPG

It will be pretty tough to drag these bad boys once they have taken hold!!

judy (1).JPG

judy (6).JPG

I also found this fantastic example of an Elling 49 built by Neptune Marine Shipbuilding showing off beautiful Dutch quailty, a luxurious functional layout, and outfitted for serious oceanic cruising.

judy (3).JPG

Our own Judy Waldman a YF reviewer http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/bering-yachts/21861-review-bering-yachts-18-meter-euro-trawler.html was busy showing her to clients so we did not get a chance to chat but judging by the looks of this classic European beauty she will not last long before taking off around the world.

judy (4).JPG
  5. Spray

Spray New Member

Nice pics....Not a GB it's a Marlow
  6. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Grand Banks 43 Heritage EU

Likely they had one of these at the show
    Grand Banks Yachts - 43 Heritage EU

I saw one at the Annapolis Show....one heck of a lot of boat for 43 footer. :cool:

Attached Files:

7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Not sure if it's the lighting or just my tastes, but although the boats are beautiful, I'm not thrilled with some of the colors. Black's been done to death and it'll never look that good after the show, some of the blues and reds are just...well not my taste. The red on the Tornado just seems too red, the blue on the Kanter belongs on a flag and takes away from a beautiful boat, and the mahogany on the Grand Craft just seems too red. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I like color to enhance a boat not try to steal the show. Or maybe it's just the Florida sunshine. We're having a dreary day up here.:eek:
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I'm partially with you. Smaller, sportier boats put all the color you can but bright colors. However, on larger boats I like color but somewhere between accents and domination. Plus we think of boating as light and upbeat and cheerful and black and grey and even some navy's just don't do that. Now, lighter colors I'd love to see more of, like Sapphire and Sea Owl, which is amazing as I'm not a fan of green but I think both the old and new Sea Owl's are beautiful. If we'd really had a choice our current boats would be very different colors, but they were stock boats. Now our larger boats will definitely have some color accents and they'll be light colors. But they won't be the entire boat. I look at some of the traditional solid white boats like Hatteras and Hargrave and I just want to put a stripe down the side or something. Anything to add some style. But not a black hull or anything like that.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

When I was in Baltimore a couple of months ago we were docked next to a new Azimut about the color of the Kanter. She had a major scratch on her side and that white just gleamed through. You'd have never known she was scratched if she were white or a light color. For the past few years one of the boats I ran was a nice light silver with white decks. She got washed about twice during the summer and always looked clean. Black or dark blue hulls in saltwater need one crew member dedicated to just washing the hull....daily. A few years ago I pulled into Block Island next to a dark blue hull. The owner went nuts threatening us if we touched his paint. I almost fell over laughing. Who needs that kind of aggravation. Boating is supposed to relax you.

Attached Files:

10. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Dark Hulls for Power Boats

How many dark hulls do you see in this collections of classics
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/trumpy-yacht/282-trumpy-yachts.html

The ddep blue hulls of the Hinckley sailing craft can look real classy, but put that on the bigger freeboard of a power yacht, and it just isn't the same effect.

That Kanter just has too much freeboard for a darker color, and that color just isn't dark enough in my opinion.
  11. discokachina

Thanks Spray you have a good eye!

The first two shots are indeed a Marlow and the third shot is a Grand Banks 46 Eastbay SX.
  12. discokachina

13. discokachina

14. discokachina

For all the Mad Hatters and those who appreciate the classics here is a little something special!

verado (4).JPG

verado (5).JPG

Here is something the wooden boat aficionados can go nuts over!!

verado (1).JPG

For all the gear heads who have always wondered what the inside of a Mercury Verado looks like, wonder no more!

verado (2).jpg

And for those of us who find artistic details fascinating I hope you find this one piques your interest.

And for the lucky one who can identify the boat this prow belongs to will get the coveted Gold Star!!

verado (3).JPG
  15. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Looking good, Disco.

Only one thing misssing - pic of Mary Ann and Ginger. :D
  16. aviator4512

aviator4512 Member

Block is some of the most relaxed boating I've ever done - aka rafting up at Paynes... I just moved up to Long Island so maybe we'll pass each other in our travels!
  17. lovinlifenc

lovinlifenc Member

The classic Hatteras pictured in post 115 is the first boat ever produced by Hatteras. The employees have restored it to new and modern in their spare time.
  18. Hobbzee

Hobbzee New Member

That's S/Y Montigne with the Dragons on the stern. She was recently in for charter guarantee work at Solent Refit in Southampton, UK. She is one hell of a sight with her sails up, an absolutely gorgeous ship!! I think she is up for sale if you have a spare $16.5million.

Nice photo's disco, keep them coming!!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  19. discokachina

I agree, she is beauty in motion!!

Here are some detail shots; I just wish I could have gotten to see the dragons on her bow as well.

rem (4).JPG

rem (5).JPG

rem (6).JPG

rem (3).JPG

I also got a chance to take a close up of Sycara IV's stern where we get a glimpse of life on the fantail of a newly built yet classically designed Burger that we saw much more of Review: Burger Yachts 151' Cruiser "Sycara IV" - YachtForums.Com.

rem (2).JPG