Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

Yachts in Monaco for the F-1 race?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by outfitting, May 12, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. FullaFlava

FullaFlava New Member

Attached Files:

2. FullaFlava

FullaFlava New Member

Attached Files:

3. ^ :eek: :eek: :eek: those pics were incredible tremendous wonderful like an orgasmus was to me... ! thanks for sharing, really a lot appreciated .... well what i listed were there... Interesting also how bigger INDIAN EMPRESS is to NERO, but i prefer the old lady. What is this old one with yellow funnel after the tunnel? Seems nice also. FB is not really that bad but Capella C looks like a small mouse there on the mouse pad :D Golden Shadow in front is really different among the similars off-shore. Impressive!
  4. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Eddie Jordon has a new 130' Sunseeker. = hull 1 of the 37 Metre Yacht, he signed last September for hull 1 of the new 46 Metre Yacht

Apparently Kimi has a boat = Sunseeker 72 Predator which is located in Scandinavia in his first trip apparently he sanded her with little damage

Ferrari reserve driver Giancarlo Fisichella took delivery of a Ferretti 78 footer = to my knowledge he had a Canados 80S delivered to him in 2002 first hull of the 80 and 86 series from this Roman builder. May be he changed it...

Juan Pablo Montoya has an Azimut in the 80 foot range = he has an 86S

Hamilton should have a Sunseeker 86 Yacht.

Nigel Mansell used to have a 74 Manhattan

Schaumacher used to have first a 55 Camargue bought to him as a birthday present by his wife, then a Falcon 86. Now I heard rumours that he owned a Benetti 50 metre, but never heard more to it then this. He also wanted a Pershing 115 but wanted it free of charge or with a big discout as he said he would give a lot of free publicity to the brand.

The other younger Schumacher had a Horizon Elegance 80 I think.
  5. josaver

josaver Senior Member

Wonderful photos :D
    I cannot understand how can fit so many yachts in the marina :eek:
  6. @ FF: Have you count how many was? I mean seeing the photos, just LH in corner i counted more or less 70. So i estimate about 250 all together, of course more than 10m. Probably with an aerial view would be easier...
  7. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

This is great stuff you guys... info and photos. Thanks!!!! John
  8. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

...and then they make them move away from the pier lining the track section when the cars are running in case a car goes over the fence! Imagine doing all this. I don't know how far off... maybe 10 meters or so. But, there is a gap required.
  9. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well "Indian Empress" is 95-meters long and "Nero" is 90.10-meters...only 5-meters longer. Additionally, what do you mean you prefer the old lady? Nero isn't old...she was finished in 2008 built by Yantai Raffles.

And what one with the yellow funnel after the tunnel you mean? I only saw one yacht with a yellow funnel in the pics on the previous page and that is Nero.
  10. Oh... dio mio ... i know. Although both are quite same lenght, 1 seems wider and with much more volume, it means more GRT so much more weight, if i am not wrong, when 2 is narrower, less decks, less weight. Yes, but as appearance it is a classic and the best part, well done a classic lady with all new development. I meant as design terms!. 1 even too big and with the airfoils atop, it is for me not so special prompt love on her, sudden love was with the other... feelings which i can't explain.

There were 2 there, here an explanation pic, maybe you can understand now...
    (Copyright of photos still belongs to FullaFlava, i just re-used to solve this YN doubt)

That was a doubt from me also, because seems the guy was ~30m high, if you compare the eyes' high with this 3 very high masts near SEABOURN LEGEND, which for me seems like some 50-60m high until tip, i mean the sailing over there near cruise terminal. And i already considered the perspective distance of some 200m gap between observer and the 'Mast object', which in a horizontal level does not 'lose' much to be appreciated the level he was. Trigonometry... well! If still remember math good. Also in terms of comparing the buildings' storeys LH with some 10 ones, so 3.3m floor-to-floor, 33m!

Attached Files:

11. Yacht News

Is it a yellow funnel? Looks more like a yellow protective cover to a tender or something...

"Indian Empress" is 15-meters wide. "Nero" is 12-meters. Of course the OceAnco is many decks taller as well hence why she is overall, bigger than "Nero".
  12. FullaFlava

FullaFlava New Member

11th floor of the Heracles Building, just behind the Royal box with a better view I reckon. (Balcony witht he glass under the balustrade and Union Flag). Was no more expensive than a good stand seat with added benefits of lunch included, use of a fridge and a loo handy. I was very lucky with the place and time to get an invite to such a super spot.

Glad the pics are appreciated, I seemed to take more of the boats than the cars, but have some video of the cars. If you had a mind to you could probably print them and make a big montage to get an idea of scale and perhaps count up.

Attached Files:

13. MedRascal

MedRascal Senior Member

14. Yacht News

So it is a yellow funneler then. Well done MKM...