Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Gibdan, Jun 17, 2005.
AFTER EIGHT in gibraltar on the 25th August.
PALLADIUM (ORCA) Delivered
I am sorry to post in this forum again, but in order also people in Cuxhaven knows publically, she was delivered today 18.09.2010 6 AM GER Time and is river down to sea reaching Gibraltar destination following days. I was waked up on time she went away, but as it was rainy, already too dark, I prefered staying home and not making pictures. She was to be out during last night at 23 PM. Well, maybe then Daniel, you can make wonderful pictures of this pretty brand new mega yacht in some 5 days by you in Port. Enjoy then her ! Hope Mods Understand why I wrote shortly ...
Thanks for your information MKM, I was wondering when she would have been delivered, was taking a little bit long.
Thank you MKM for the info. Short but sweet works for me.
No problem guys, was a pleasure to communicate, it was just because had problems to correct in t´he aft superstructure. Owner was here sometimes to check. Maybe he is happy now. Then remains just Eclipse to go out next month. Europa is stopped on docks since long as well, some cruises cancelled. My pics about NE Brasil in MT shows more. For now this is my last comments. Hope much comprehension then !
The situation with "Eclipse" is just dire but anyways, lets get the thread back to yachts in Gibraltar...we'll pick back up on "Palladium" when she arrives in Gib
1. yeah, i know, but those yachts made more financial problems to yard as really solutions brought to the ADM + BV joint venture business, so they have to be finish as soon as possible in perfect preference the owners and delivered. So no longer would stay much more. Yard since June most of time is empty like do Port as well and hard to get new repairs and construction profitable contracts in my opinion.
2. But anyway, this is to be skipped because i am also anxious of Daniel Pics with better weather than here, HI-Res. She is in British Channel now, so soon...
Daily by you ...
Ok Daniel, prepare your camera good. Tomorrow by you. Passed already Lisbon. So in morning could be mooring somewhere or berthing near you. I'd like to write you per PM only, but as other spotters can reach her, so here are. If mods find need to be this as Position of Vessel, then please remove the post. Totally free on that.
Actually i don't understand where are other pics. INTUITION II, XXS, ICEMAN, NATITA ... well. Up to you, maybe you did not have right time... I don't know.
Thanks for the heads up, I was following her down the channel towards Gibraltar and she did finally arrive this morning at 1100.......but......unfortunately she didnt come into port and went to the anchorage. When she did finally come in I had gone back to work (as I mentioned to MKM, my bosses dont share my pleasure of photographing ships! ). When I returned she was already alongside so only have those pics. She is still in the same place and I dont know when she is going to leave. Also the weather hasnt really accompanied me today, being levanter with low dark clouds making it a very grey day. I tried my best and will try and post the pics later on.
Heres a couple I took a week ago
FOUR WISHES in Gibraltar on the 8th September and SYCARA V in Gibraltar on the 9th September.
It's okay Daniel, you already do such a Stellar job for the forums, providing us with the latest that pulls into the ROCK, which you do not have to do!
KATARA in Gibraltar on the 20th September.
INTUITION II in Gibraltar on the 22nd September.
PALLADIUM in Gibraltar on the 22nd September.
Its the best I could get considering the weather and the having to get back to work!
A couple more.
Thanks for more great shots Daniel. I am really starting to like Palladium. I can't wait until more hi-res photos of her start popping up. I wonder how the interior looks?
Thanks Daniel for the Pics ...
Thanks also for the nice comments. The pictures were well done as ever. About the ships in this last sequence, my preference stays with INTUITION II, because it is the most harmonic among all them, even when old profile shape, reasons:
1. KATARA has a wonderful profile and color result, but those side-by-side satdomes repetition imo are ridiculous. It broke totally the harmony volume on her.
2. PALLADIUM is different and strange, not harmonic lines at same time, although maybe we have to give our hand that, it is the first experience in all those years and the unique owner who really took a risk to be other than the most common shapes' things in volume, a finally step further for different futuristic shapes, while most just make details' different, like in cars, the concept ones are beautiful but never come to road, disappointing after going out the show saloons. Then just after some year the boring same things seen, a little bit curved here a bit, there also to pretend as new model. This yacht was a concept brought to reality with radical other volume, so this is to be proud. The owner had courage to do so and not equally copying again, changing details. Maybe a second of him would come much more interesting, with more correct volumes in all. For first things, it is always that. Of course, in this way she is pretty interesting, just because the odd thema.
3. Others are top nice beauties, but same volume & line shapes common seen.
My opinion only as ex-designer, without any critic of judgement, just a point of view, how I see the objects. But I know, I am amateur and without experience.
Scot, check out The interior designer's website to see a few renderings. Should give you a teasing idea...
@ Daniel: Thanks for the photos, She looks wonderful!
Thanks for that. I want to see more now. It looks like a very non traditional, casual,yet formal interior. A nice change of pace. The master/owners cabin looks phenomenal.
Yes, "Palladium" is a highly stylized yacht within a contemporary body, so nothing radical with her but there is a huge leap in the aesthetics involved in the exterior design. However, i'd like to see real photos of the interior if they become available...
Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing pictures of yachts you've spotted in Gibraltar
I thought that we would be the ones to welcome you since...you are new...Welcome Aboard lenco12