Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

Yachts and Exotic Cars

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForum, Feb 13, 2007.

1. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

TK... I like Ferraris too, but in the meantime, we need avatars to be marine related. This is what your avatar should look like... ;)

Attached Files:

2. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

A pleasant morning to you ;)

Glad you are into Ferraris as well and a '72 246 Dino is a very special car. Driving that Dino is like wrapping a Picasso around yourself and going for a stroll. Mankind has never built a more beautiful mechanical device than the Dino 246 GT. For those who don't know what is, I've posted a picture.
    Btw., what is this Ferrari boat. I've never seen it before. Headlamps and front air intake look familiar :), and the exterior color ofcourse. Is it powered by a Ferrari engine?

Best, TK

Note: In a month or so, once my Fairline arrives, I promise you, my avatar will be changed to something marine related :).

Attached Files:

3. MaxResolution

MaxResolution Senior Member

Like an *irreplacable* planing hull

It is the most. But to recognize that, you need to rub your fingers along that air scoop across the top of the door. That's the year I graduated from HS, and the year I felt most deserving of one. So, I'm in Amsterdam when some Greek dude approaches me and Elly, he's rattling the keys in my face and asks me how much cash I think it's worth. I doubt it had cooled off much since he tested it on the Autobahn.

Lord if I should die, before I wake, please bury me in a red (or yellow) Ferrari.
  4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Not only that. Just sit inside, turn on the ignition key and listen to her sing ;). You will love the music. The best you can listen to by far.

If you ever come my way, you get to use mine :). She's not yellow or red though, she's Grigio Silverstone (a metallic dark grey).
  5. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

I am starting this thread to combine my interests and passion for exotic cars with my new interest in yachts. I will start with posting a few pictures showing yachts with exotic cars. I hope more members can contribute :).

I am sure most of you are familiar with the beautiful Lady Moura. Here she is pictured with a red Ferrari 360. The other car is a Maybach, but not my cup of tea.

Attached Files:

6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Hey TK-F430, the other yacht in the first photo you posted is the Wedge Too (W2) almost always seen in Monaco.
  7. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

You guys certainly know your business ;)
  8. MaxResolution

MaxResolution Senior Member

A Testament to Designing in Clay

Eventually we will have to answer to the moderators for our sins.

Somehow, I ended up with a Masserati color chart that year. It was like a Levelor blind selection. Possibly 24 custom colors were available, and their main 'Silverstone' was sea-greenish, which played well on the Merek.

Here we see proof that real magic begins in the hands of a master sculptor, and some students are still trained to carve in auto design courses before adopting CAD.

I read the Alexandria Quartet, but that's about all I know about Egypt. Maybe you could cameo her on YouTube. :) Hourumm, uumm.:eek:
  9. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

I dunno... flat sixes make nice music, too.
  10. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Donohue's Porsche 917 back in the early 70s sang a song that was unforgettable. Ferrari 330p3 was also capable of holding a shrieking note promising to hemorrhage parts at extremely high velocity directly at your soul. Ah, lust....
  11. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

They won't mind :). Afterall, it's your thread and no act of sin was done. All we speak about are pieces of art, whether current or historical :). These can be compared to the magnificent creations floating on water I see here on this board.

:) I am extremely pleased that there are a few boat enthusiasts on this board who also have an excellent ear for exotic music ;) and share my passion for these wonderful exotic creations.
  12. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Another of Lady Moura, with an Aston Martin DB9 Roadster.

Attached Files:

13. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Guys,

Because a previous unrelated thread got side tracked into a car conversation, I have split and added these posts under the "Yacht & Exotic Cars" thread. In the future, PLEASE... keep threads on-topic.

That said, I have something to add to this thread that should be a treat for Ferrari fans. I believe these are among the first pictures of Ferrari's new Dino, however I'm suspect these pics are really a photo-chopped Cayman. Here is the info that accompanied the same...

Attached Files:

14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You are right, cars and yachts on the same picture is fair enough. Just make sure all pictures are coming from your own camera so we don´t face any copyright violations...
  15. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

There is going to be a new Dino, but it's not the one shown in your pictures. As you said, these are photoshop generated pictures by Poblete, a great artist ;)
    Here are the two pictures, of the Cayman and of the photoshopped Dino. Look at the background, you'll understand. It's the same background in both pictures. Even the lines, exterior mirrors, A-pillars, interior mirror are all the same in both pictures.

And the article pubished in Auto Express (here is the link):http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/204171/ferrari_420_dino.html
    is complete speculation. Even the info. on the future evolution of the F430 with regards to the new V10 engine is complete speculation. We know there is a Dino, but there is no published information yet. It's a complete secret. Most probably the new Dino will be revealed in the Ferrari 60th anniversary celebrations in Maranello next June.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  16. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Just to conclude the new Dino story. These are pictures taken by our friend Lars Theunissen in Maranello exactly three days ago which could be the first shots of the newborn Dino. It is highly camouflaged.

Attached Files:

17. airship

airship Senior Member

Are there any parallels to be drawn in comparing Italian / German supercars to Italian / German superyachts?! (Sadly, the Dutch don't dabble in supercars anymore ever since the DAF).

When I last aspired to ownership of a Ferrari in the days of the 308, I was somewhat startled to discover that oil changes were required every 30 hours when cruising @ 2/3rds of max. revolutions nautically-speaking (ie. every 3,000 miles). Your average Porsche of the time had a service interval of between 6,000 and 10,000 miles if I remember correctly. I heard rumours that some Porsche owners even used their cars as "everyday" transport to get to and from the office for example...

Just supposing Italians still have an edge over the Germans when it comes to style and / or the testosteroné-factor, does long-term ownership of an Italian superyacht cost more or less than a German one in spite of its usually lower initial capital outlay...?

PS. It's a shame that those photos of the new Dino are merely photo-shopped versions of the Porsche Cayman - and how that staid German supercar might have looked. Because I'd have to admit that I'd be perfectly willing to commit any number of heinous crimes in order to drive one of those new Dinos on a daily basis... :D
  18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Highly camouflaged, yes it was!

Here is a less camouflaged exotic, even if we still have to wait until such cars are on the street. But eventually this may be the way all transports will move ahead and the new Dino will only be found at museums!
    http://www.venturi.fr/index.php?article221

If you are in Monaco 19-22:nd of April, here are the most exotic cars in the world to be found; http://www.topmarquesmonaco.com/index.shtml
  19. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

My neighbour has an dark blue Porsche Cayman and I see him driving almost every morning, if I drive to school.
  20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I used to drive my 911:s all year round, also in deep snow, no problems except the defroster could be a little weak...

Not until I got the 930 Turbo did I need another winter car. It was a little too eventful on icy roads and also too nice to get sand blasted in the front for months...