Click for Ocean Alexander Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger

Yachting Calender

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by talkingstone, Aug 16, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. talkingstone

talkingstone New Member

This has most likely been in the forum before but have you ever considered producing a Yacht calender? I have seen this advertised on an other forum but I sincerely believe that no one has the pictures or the editorial content that this forum has. Perhaps we should see how the other members feel about it. I know your not in this for the money but a quality product could generate some income to offset costs. ...Allan
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Sounds kool to me :)

Kelly Cook
  3. MYGull

MYGull New Member

I buy the annual PMY calender every year, but they always plaster it with ads as well. I would buy one. Plus, this forum does have the best pictures. :D
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Allan,

Good idea. I've thought about this as well. This might be something we'll do in the future, but right now... there's so much work going on behind the scene with the launch of the new YachtForums, it conjures up the award winning California license plate... (from a movie producer)

IAM2BZ2P :D
  5. KCook

KCook Senior Member

That wus funny :D :D
  6. talkingstone

talkingstone New Member

Launch of the new YachtForums????

Now this is INTERESTING news! Oh great one tell us more.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

LOL!!! :D

Well, it starts with a new forum software that is not completely stable yet, but it will be soon. Trying to fuse this with our proprietary code has been challenging.

Next, the site is taking on a whole new look in the form of a new "skin" that has a nautical theme. In doing this, we're tying all the modules together in a seamless look that is fluid... and more yacht-like.

We've got a gallery under development that will allow thumbnails to be enlarged to super-size images and the photos will connect to related topics within the forums. (if we can make the code work!)

And finally, we're integrating a new classified listing database that we hope will become popular with the brokerage community. But this will come later.

There's a number of other details in the works too. More on this later. :)
  8. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Cool!

For some reason i've got an image in my head of you sat at a desk with 5 computers & 5 keyboards and mice trying to do it all at the same time! :rolleyes:

Is there a time scale set on the new look oh master of all that is Yacht Forums? ;)
  9. Remy

Remy New Member

That's a massive amount of work... You're the boss, boss !!! ;)