Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport

Yacht to watch the Grand Prix on

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by superyachtie, May 23, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

I need some help find some yachts to watch the Grand Prix on.

I've been offed MORE, and Costa Magna but would like some other ideas so please let me know.

(Also if anyone is interested in going to the F1 Ball or Afterparty let me know)
  2. Mirabella V

Mirabella V New Member

Martin:

We're on the T-quai plus we have two wedding cakes, I mean glorious motor boats either side, which means we can't see much from the deck. And I am afraid that the crow's nest (160ft above the harbor) can only take 4 at a time, and is booked solid for the race. So sorry dude, maybe next time!!!;)

Joe
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is Mirabella and the wedding cakes today...:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  4. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

160' mast,thats a lot of bosun's seats.;)
  5. Mirabella V

Mirabella V New Member

Don't mean to be finickety, but the mast is 290', crows nest stops at 160' due to forestay (see AMG's picture, third spreader).

AMG...I think that we have a new arrival today, so your picture needs updating. What boat are you on so that I can return the favour?

Joe
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is a picture taken from almost the same altitude as the castle in the background. The mast is certainly high!

Thanks Mirabella, but I was just flying down in the morning and was back in Stockholm before midnight. Nice to see all the "mess" around the GP, but even when I was living there, I used to leave town during that weekend...:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  7. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Mirbella V's crow's nest.... best seat in the house. :) Actually, looking at the pic above, it seems like the other yachts around won't have much of a view due to the grand-stands.
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think Midlandia is in one of the best positions, just after the chikane. They are hauled out about 50 feet during race and practise, for safety, but I guess the visibility will be even better. From there they, and most of the yachts, can also follow the race on the huge TV-screen which is just to the right from where I took the picture.

Attached Files:

9. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Hi, Lars.
    Do you always fly around in a helicopter to "spy" on megayachts?
    Arnie
    :D
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Dumb question: I know we don't talk owners... but is Midlandia owned by the man that owns Midland F1? The names are just a little similar... ;)
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Not so often, but I like the big windows in the new Eurocopter EC 130 B4... :)

/Lars

Attached Files:

12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Is that Limitless in the background? It's the right profile, at least as much as I can see of the blue part...
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

It is good to know, that coming to Monaco from Nice Airport with Taxi during the Grand Prix week can take ages and it isn´t cheap either.

When I was going home, Heli Air Monaco took me to Nice in six minutes and the pilot was, - a beautiful girl!

Well worth the money even if the GP week has a higher tarif. Reservations can be made at +377 92 050 050

Attached Files:

15. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Lars,
    What's the "B4" designation for?
    Arnie
    :)
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I have no idea, but they have used B2 and B3 on other models in the past. I couldn´t find any information on their website, but if you would like to practise design for a couple of hours, go there and select the "paint schemes" ;)

http://www.eurocopter.com/ec130/

/Lars