Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Yacht sinking..?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by publicadjuster, Jun 1, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. publicadjuster

publicadjuster New Member

I had the opportunity to meet the head of St Maarten's sea rescues at the Captain Oliver's Regatta in Oyster Pond last week. His group is in charge of sea rescue for the Dutch side of St Marrten and worked the regatta. Fortunately all went well with the regatta, seas were good and no rescues required!

Over drinks he was telling me they got a call about a large yacht sinking between St Maarten and Puerto Rico a month or so ago. They were called to assist but was notified the U. S. Coast Guard pulled the people off. He heard it sank because of a rudder failure. He said no news was ever reported on this and the yacht was supposed to be in very deep water, thus no salvage efforts. Has any one heard about this sinking? He thought it very strange this sinking has never made the news.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I read elsewhere online about some type of old classic sailboat that had been used in a movie sinking when being taken somewhere to be repaired about 3 weeks or a month ago but thought it was further south that where you were told this one sank.
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

4. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Oops!

Does nasal congestion count as an excuse for not smelling the coffee? ;)