Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Cross

Yacht Security System

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by wsdemmer, Mar 30, 2011.

1. wsdemmer

wsdemmer New Member

I am thinking about putting a security system on my extended 61' Hatt. I have 5 access doors that I would like to contact. I also would like to make it cellular to call or text me when there is an issue. I saw some info on GOST product but it seems a little pricey. Any ideas? In Ft. Lauderdale. Salesman said that std. systems don't hold up in the marine environment.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i dont' see why regular door contacts woudlnt hold up since they're sealed anyway as long as you protect the terminals. same with the main box, if installed in a protected location it shoudn't be a problem especially on larger air conditioned boats.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Magnetic switches that they use for some home sliding glass doors and stuff should work fine IMO.
  5. jlplatts

jlplatts Member

Yyou might check out this site. We just ordered one of their systems. It has features to monitor bilge water levels, power conditions and intrusion. It is wireless which should make installation easy. Later next week I should be able to let you know how easy it is to install. http://boatalarms.us/
  6. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

have a look at this ... cheap as chips but does the job apparently ...

http://c-pod.com

i haven't used this myself but read about it.
  7. wsdemmer

wsdemmer New Member

Thanks for all the replys. Let me know how the boat alarm system installs. I saw their website and they sent me a pricelist. Interested to see how it goes. Also saw c-pod but no one has returned my call about their product.
    Thanks for all.
    Shane
  8. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

I use a "Yacht Guardian" as it came with the float for the high water bilge alarm. Does not send any web info, just the basic SMS alerts. That is all I need. I just use a pre-paid sim and top up the value every few months.

I do like the c-pod, but the yacht guardian is half the price with basically the same features.

Best thing to do, is to never leave the boat... LOL

Alan
  9. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

guess that says a lot ...

:)
  10. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

That is funny !

I guess everyone that bought a Yacht Guardian before October 2013 received a LPG gas sensor for free last February (2014). It was some anuvesary thank you gift.

I don't have LPG on the boat, but it is a cool gift, and just may use some day !!

Goes to show the difference between good and bad customer service... I never asked for stuff but still got it... haHaHa

Alan