Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Yacht for solo trip to Hawaii?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Blue Ghost, Feb 24, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

The Regina systen in the Spinward Marches
    Admittedly I never went for satellite. Horrible uploads, magnificent downloads, or last I checked in the late 90s. I'm guessing things have improved.
  2. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

That's a good question.
  3. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

That's an incredible story :) But see? Even your WiZ riding in the back couldn't help you (poor dude).

I don't know, I've seen and heard about it being done several times over. When I get the funds and some more hours under my belt, I'm going to go play Russian Roulette on a 20 footer.

Wish me luck :D
  4. Delfin

Delfin Member

Sure you can, assuming you have roller furling. I sailed the same route on a 36' Cape George and with roller furling on staysail and jib it was a piece of cake. A bit of a boring piece of cake but easy enough. AIS would make it far safer for solo runs. Those who say it is unsafe to sail long distances alone are quite correct, just as a great many of life's most empowering and glorious activities are unsafe. Having children makes you poorer and subject to tragedy and disappointment, but people still have children. Few guaranties in life and there are few things more liberating than crossing an ocean alone.