Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

Wrap Around Curtains

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by docjr03, Apr 4, 2017.

1. docjr03

docjr03 New Member

I bought a 1984 Ocean 46 SS about 18 months ago as a semi-project boat. The boat has full curtains all the way around, but they are in pretty sad shape and need repair. I was curious as to everyone's thoughts here on bridge curtains, what you like, what you don't like, etc. as I've seen most boats run without or just with ones forward.

I have a limited budget for boat upgrades this year and was thinking I would just remove the aft ones and keep the forward ones to save a little money. I fish out of VA Beach and it's primarily a family boat more than a true offshore machine at this point. Thanks in advance for the responses
  2. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

I don't have wraparound blinds, but mine did have a lot of manual blinds in the salon. I didn't care for them so I replaced them all with electric roll up blinds from blinds.ca (I'm in Canada). Blinds.com is the us counterpart. They were great help when ordering, better than the expensive blind dealers in person, and they were really cheap. I ordered one the wrong size, after we took out this corner cloth valence thing, I had 8" more window. They replaced the blind, no cost or question. I tried to explain I gave them the wrong measurement and they said it didn't matter! Highly recommended.