Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

Windlass on a 46 Jefferson

Discussion in 'Jefferson Yacht' started by Capt. MarkW, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Capt. MarkW

Capt. MarkW New Member

Before I received my 46 aft cabin Jefferson, some one...say reloacated my anchor, pulpit, and windlass...I retreived the bow pulpit, but not the windlass. I would like to go with the same model as to not have to re-drill all the mounting holes. Any info is much appreciated.
  2. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

It’s been over a decade since I sold my ‘86 46’ Jefferson to a fella in north Mississippi, but I vaguely remember the windlass was an upright Lewmar with a chain gypsy and drum. Mine was power up and down.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

How old is the boat? Chances are that windlass is no longer available. Just fill the old holes with epoxy, drilling new ones is no big deal and find a windlass that will cover the old holes
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Some new Lewmars will utilize the same mounting pattern as the old long discontinued ones.
  5. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Or just have a local shop make you a mounting plate. Bolt the plate to the boat using the old hole pattern. Then mount your new windlass to the plate with an alternate bolt pattern. Easy Peezy.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I don't know, Is Jefferson still open?