Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

Why Hasn't Opal C Sold

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by discokachina, Mar 22, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

DeLorean DMC 12 was from the same years as Nabila, but I think both were ahead of their time. I catched a few on a Classic Car meeting a week ago...

Attached Files:

2. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Opal C (Lady Arraya) is on the market, again.
  3. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Lady Arraya ex Opal C the 40.33 metre Oceanfast superyacht has been sold by Steve Smith in an in-house deal at Denison Yacht Sales . At her asking of $2,495,000.00 it sounds like someone is going to be getting one sweet deal. What a fantastic yacht for so little money as long as her condition does not require anything but continued ongoing maintenance. One of my Jon Bannenberg favorites!!
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

It's an old aluminium boat. Throw a dissolvable lozenge into water and multiply the action by the submerged sq m and the age. This will give you some idea of what the elements have tried to do to her since birth. The resistive efforts are unknown as are the 396 MTU engines driving it. Deep pockets would be a good start Not so sure how it will end
  5. Seadreams1973

Seadreams1973 New Member

That wing is very helpful as speeds get over 150 knots it creates enough down force she doesn't take off and crash....
  6. 84far

84far Senior Member

Unfortunately, Bannenberg's design hasn't stood the test of time - maybe a smaller version around amidships on the top deck could help...

Far
  7. GhostriderIII

GhostriderIII Senior Member

There may have been offers, that were rejected (i.e. low ball) and the owners just want their price.
    There may have been a survey done that was not to the satisfaction of the owners
  8. GhostriderIII

Refits are a waste of money for the owners. How many times have we seen owners dump $100-250k into a boat, only to sell it for less than the refit cost? If you want the boat make a reasonable offer or go build your own to specs.
  9. Seadreams1973

Seadreams1973 New Member

Mosy they are asking wayyyy toooo much for a floating old turd that will be worth less and less every year. Someday it will be worth salvage at 75k and they will take it to unload it.
    Seen it happen all too often in BC.
  10. GhostriderIII

Which is why we don't purchase our barges from there.
  11. Seadreams1973

Seadreams1973 New Member

Happens all over the world.
    One guy can own a boat and in his eyes its worth five million dollars.
    But to buyers it is at best a three hundred thousand dollar boat.
    He will never sell it till he drops the price to a realistic level.
    And some never do.
    So he may still own it 20 years from now when its worth ten thousand is all.
  12. dec0guy

dec0guy New Member

agree
  13. 84far

84far Senior Member

True, sometimes you need to spend the money just to sell... even at a loss. This is usually because the owner has spent the right money in the first place maintaining the vessel. Cheers

Far