Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights

White Rose of Drachs at Cap d'Ail

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by Merijn, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

As K!W! signalled, raising the Q-Flag (Yellow Patch) is standard proceedure. Once you arrive in a new port you are required to raise it. Even if you are from your home port and you leave your territorial waters and go somewhere else and comeback, The Q should be raised upon entry. It signals that clearance from Port Health and Customs/Immigration has been requested. Once this has been done the Q-Flag should be taken off the mast.

So in the case of WROD, flying the Q upon entry to Turkey is what should be done.
  2. mark106

mark106 New Member

This truly is a beatiful vessel, i had the pleasure of viewing her in port at St Tropez this week. Lovely work from the Dutch builders as said before. The owner is indeed a businessman from Yorkshire England, im led to believe he made his money in black puddings, starting out selling from a small shop front in Bingley to become the second largest black pudding magnate in West Yorkshire by the age of 32 years of age. Humble beginnings !
    I stood a while portside to view the vessel when i saw t'boat and heard the cries of "Eye 'up" from the deck, it brought a tear to my eye I can tell you. I saw the deck-hands walking the owners whippets around the harbour too, which made my day !
  3. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

He was an Ecky Thump Grand Master at the age of 12 too...
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

5. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Just in case the owner in question ever reads this, we are of course in no way implying he is an expert in the art of dispatching enemies with a large cold cured sausage, a skill passed down from ancient Lancastrians.
    We apologise for any misunderstanding....We now accept Ecky Thump was first practiced in Yorkshire.
  6. mark106

mark106 New Member

Many thanks COD-DOG for your link to the site below, very interesting Reading that. Some inside information about the boat that I found on the internalweb....
    1. the owner initially had a pigeon loft fitted in the design of the boat. It was at the back ( sorry, stern ) just below the shove ha'penny suite , but when the pigeons never returned the owner grew despondant, an expert was called on from Barnsley who attributed the lost birds to the fact that as the boat moved about, the birds with their natural homing instinct ,all flew back to the last place they knew as home, Skipton usually.
    2. The owner called in engineers to remove t'lofts and replaced them with a wonderfully ornate period card deck. ........but it got all soggy .
    3. Many of the boats safety features have not been mentioned yet also. If you look as I did when I saw it , just underneath the water line at the stern you can make out the gigantic stabilisers that were fitted by Chopper & Grifter in 2006 . The boats steering wheel thing is also fitted with an airbag out of an old Vauxhall Cavalier .
    Hope this extra info about this truly amazing vessel comes on handy . I love boats and stuff like that . All the best .
  7. Steve in SoCal

Steve in SoCal Member

8. mark106

mark106 New Member

yip , you might be right there So Called Steve, but whats a bit of welly throwing and leek growing. The Yorkshiremans hobbies pale in comparison to some of our friends across the pond.

Im talking about hotdog eating contests, wearing huge elastic top jeans and electricuting people...................................to death.

Back to the boat though, i noticed an inscription on the anchor that read "Yorkshire born and Yorkshire Bred , strong in the arm and thick in the ....." I couldnt make out the rest of the saying, any ideas?:confused:

cheers !
  9. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I believe the other anchor has "Where there's muck, there's Brass" stamped on it.

The owner is apparently married to a great beauty from Yorkshire who starred in the long running Whitley Bay Watch.
  10. Steve in SoCal

Steve in SoCal Member

Your remarks are completely uncalled for, I was a joke son.

Steve
  11. mark106

mark106 New Member

It? was a joke son.

Steve[/QUOTE]

yeah , mine too, funny how humour sometimes doesnt translate very well eh dad !;)

as long as we can all bond on here with our love of boats, please dont go overboard:)
  12. Steve in SoCal

Steve in SoCal Member

Well,

I got the hot dog contest and baggy pants but the electrocution? I guess I have passed the threshold of "Old Fart" and I am under 50. :eek:

You sausage ninja has done well, hum there must be something to the sausage biz our own sausage king has a rather nice boat as well:D

Cheers mate,

Steve
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This is one reason why we donĀ“t discuss owners on this forum....;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.