Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking

White Rabbit and Trimaran Yachts

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by Stephen, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnigmaNZ

EnigmaNZ Member

A couple of comments (from a layman)

Seeing those seas and what they do to a boat, scares the b-jesus out of me. No wonder many yacht owners prefer to fly and meet their yacht at the distination. US Subs should use such shots to advertise the advantages of traveling submerged. Scare clients through the door. Hmm, a yacht with a pressure hull.

The largest boat my family had was a 28 footer home built. The pitch of the bow at speed over small chop was something you got used to. But I have got sea sick on more open waters on feries in half meter chop. The wave piercer prosumably is created for people like me, small chop goes unnoticed as the bow passes throught them without the pitch, in heavier seas the center hull with it's deep vee cushions the movement and prevents the bow submarining, returning the boat to a monohull planing hull type proformance.

When I saw my first WP, I was mysterfied as how those little lateral hulls supported the bulk of the boat, but when you see a WP out of the water, those WP hulls are very deep and full under the waterline. It seems akin to a monohull lifted up out of the water by 2 swath hulls with extended pylons that cut the surface that give the WP look. I am referring to cat type, such as Spirit and similar, not to the tris.
  2. EnigmaNZ

EnigmaNZ Member

3. WestAust

WestAust New Member

Caught a glimpse of White Rabbit last night in Fremantle harbour, quite a sight. Sorry no photos at this stage...
    Apparently the owner spends a bit of time diving on the Ningaloo Reef here in Western Australia.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.