Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service

Where to buy Turbos for 8v92's?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by hibanez, May 10, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hibanez

hibanez New Member

Hello I have a 1986 Buddy Davis 47 foot with 8v92 single wet turbo inyectors 7125 hp 735 at shaft that i´m having problems with. The engine was just overhauled and the turbos are not working. After dismantling the turbos the shell and fan are in bad condition. The Turbo is the same size for a 16v92. The model is Garrett tw9401 23503042 and have another number RJ0130 L. I think both turbos are different one is Left and the other is Right. I need both of them. Where can I buy the shell and guts.

Thanks,
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

You could try here.

http://www.jhdiesel.com/Detroit.htm

If you have had DD work done down there where your profile says you are you might be able to advise another YF Member who is looking to find a good reliable DD Guy who could help him out with his 4 53N Engines.
  3. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Tropic Star Lodge has close to 15 31 Bertrams that are all powered by 4-53's. They have several spares that are ready for install and any time so they can just pull the down engine and install the ready one and get the boat back in action in one day. By calling TSL HQ they might be able to tell you where/who could help with the 53 rebuild.
  4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

There is an outfit that has traveled numerous times to service my DD/MAN clients down in Panama and Venezuela. Try Performance Diesel out of Seabrook, TX. (281)474-2667.

Back in the '90s, if you were walking down the docks at Club Nautico de Pesca in Panama City, you'd notice a lot of engine parts on the floating docks from ongoing rebuilds being performed by these folks.

BTW, I have sent engines down to Tropic Star Lodge, that I ran across in my travels, more as a favor to the owners and friends of theirs. Perhaps they have a steady pipeline by now; Goldcoast (FL) would be a likely source.