Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Walker

Where is the Water Coming From?

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Tashmoo, May 28, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Boomer

Boomer Senior Member

My baitwell fills also when it rains heavily...I determined the hoses that drain the water from around the hatch does let the water flow freely as they appear to be too small
  2. Boomer

Boomer Senior Member

Dont forget to check your rudder stuffing boxes...it could be working it's way up the rudder shaft into the bilge
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

The hull to deck joint is not so hot on Oceans , including mine. Seems Ocean on the '80s boats like mine, ran wood behind the rub rail to give the screws somthing to hold too. Great when the boat was new and the hundreds of screws were freshly bedded and no dings into a pilling while docking or hitting the dock while away...it happens to the best of us, Anyway those rub rail screws can and do get to leaking into the wood , through the hull and into the bilge , behind walls,and under cabinets leaving puddles of water in "odd" places.
    You have to seal them up asap befor it grows into more and more rail screws.
  4. Rick Prince

Rick Prince New Member

I noticed a slight drip from a hose behind the Starboard motor. Turns out there is a drain hole in the salon door track that drains into the engine room behind my starboard motor. I put a cup under the hose in the Engine room and poured water in the hole in the salon door track and it ran into the cup. Water must hit the door while running, raining or washing the boat and drain in the engine room. See pics attached. IMG_3564.jpg IMG_3566.jpg Screenshot_1.jpg

Attached Files:

5. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Nice, good find to the possible OP cause. Another great Ocean short cut is to run the condensation lines from the A.C. units into the bilge. At least that is what was done on mine, 1981 42'. I added small thru-hulls for all the air condensers to drain over board.