Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Delta

What's your favorite yacht?

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by YachtForums, Jun 1, 2004.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I agree with you on all said about Eco/Katana/Enigma and we have seen how Martin Francis now have a solution to the wet bow, when he made an "aircraft carrier bow" on his latest concept Crystal Ball.
  2. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Hi, Lars

Have you got any GA of ABSTRACTA. You know it's one of my favorites designs.

Thanks.
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

120´/ 36 m Abstracta

I have so many GA:s that in reality I can pick and play on the screen with a potential buyer in front of me. My library have mainly straight and architectual volumes which is easy to combine and fit to the deck plan.

Anyway, on this I have nothing prepared, but since she is pretty big after all, you can have both three or four staterooms and on main deck an enclosed or open galley. Maybe a big loft-like style? As her exterior is telling you, she will have a very clean decoration with soft colours and natures materials. No goldfish taps... :)

Attached Files:

4. hufloas

hufloas New Member

What about storages? I notice there's not tender pockets aft, therefore she probably has a kind of stern door in order to deliver ribs or waverunners, hasn`t she?
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The yacht is about 8 meters wide and the best would be to have a tender stored sideways under a transom hatch. In addition a crew tender can be stored on foredeck. Waverunners are nothing for the sophisticated owners of this yacht, they rather make an excursion in a couple of silent sea kayaks... ;)
  6. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Ha, ha! you're right. I can't imagine Paris Hilton as her owner... :rolleyes:
  7. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Athena, she harkins back to a bygone era of beautiful yachts

Athena!! This has got to be one of my favorites.

Attached Files:

8. Merijn

Merijn Guest

Carl, can you please tell me where and when you took the picture of ENIGMA as I see CORAL ISLAND in the background and I like to follow her.

Thanks,
    Merijn
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Merijn,

That picture was taken during the Cannes Film Festival in 2003 by one of our members. Eco had just returned from Auckland and it stayed in the old Port de Cannes.
  10. Michael Bach

Michael Bach New Member

Back to Katana

When Intermarine was up and running we did considerable work to this boat. From mechanical to interior she is very intriguing....one of my favorites. Upon departure, the Captain remarked that she is quite wet in a big seaway; however, contrary to rational thought, as you power up in big seas the design allows her to ride above and actually makes for a drier, more comfortable ride.
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Michael,

Here's a running shot of Eco. I can certainly understand why she provides a smoother ride in a headsea, but I would imagine if the wind was blowing in a quartering sea, deckhands would get drenched! ;)

Thanks for sharing insight from the yard!

Attached Files:

12. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS New Member

Hans-Joachim Tilse, from the company with the same name, told me that they had to overcome tremendous difficulties whilst 3-D forming the window-glazing.
    Also the special coating wasn't that simple to apply.

By the way, at full sea, running under high power, there is nothing you have to look for on the fore deck......as the captain would say.

Nontheless, nice to see some pictures of her again......
  13. ISMYachts

ISMYachts New Member

Pacific Mariner 65 SE

Attached Files:

14. newbee

newbee New Member

Carinthia VII

I've resolved that the moment I become a billionaire (well after a suitably long celebration anyway) I will set about trying to retain Lars to see if he can surpass my current love..Carinthia VII. Oh the pain of champagne taste on a beer budget.

(Photo deleted by administrator)
  15. Michael Bach

Michael Bach New Member

In that case there are no Basketball or Footie games taking place on the aft deck! :D
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I hope this will happen soon!;) Although I like C VII from all the pictures, after seeing her in reality I think I can achieve what you asked for. :)
    /Lars
  17. Remy

Remy New Member

Hi everybody, I am a new French member on this forum.

My favourite yacht is the brand new Sunseeker Predator 82'.

Rémy
  18. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

It's hard to pick a single favorite among the Predator line... they're all amazing in my opinion. The 108' flag-ship is just awesome... but some of the smaller Predators are more to my "personal" liking.
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If I should pick a favourite Sunseeker, I think the new 37 is by far the best design they have come up with since the -80:s. Second place is the Superhawk 48 with triple diesels which I have had the pleasure to try a little... ;)
  20. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS New Member

Predator

The 80' or thereabouts is a nice boat but high on the water - machineroom even my jockey size had difficulties to get into.
    When one of them was delivered in Holland to the then Sunseeker importer in IJmuiden, nobody was actually aware how to drive her. She was equipped with the Arneson SP propellor system and I explained how to drive her trimming her up to max revs. All the way from the UK was was sailed with her props down.

A few months or so later, a new captain was appointed who had also no idea about the problems of driving this high on the water entity at very low speed.

In a stormy night he had to bring the boat back and just panicked in front of the large dam that runs a mile and so in sea. The Predator rammed this dam and the damage was substantial.
    Very nice boats, but you must know what you are doing!