Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko

What's your favorite yacht?

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by YachtForums, Jun 1, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Sheer beauty...

She's standing on the bow, her bikini is draped with a wrap. She is glowing from the afternoon sun, smiling at you and letting you know... you're the one. You catch her eye, smile and think... I really need to varnish that tow-rail again. :D
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is another little dreamboat. Actually she makes a Riva Aquarama look tiny, and she is equipped with twin 420 Hp Yanmar diesels. The first built was delivered to the King of Sweden, the two last built I can sell to you guys... :)

Attached Files:

3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

More, more!

Now in the "mid" sized class, I vote for this 68 foot, all aluminum day-boat from Mulder.
    A fine express for the Bahamas-bound, no? ;)

Attached Files:

4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

As one of my favorite yachts I want to add Katamarino, the 56m/184f Amels from 1991. She has a Hargrave design with split levels which makes her nice both from the exterior and inside. The decorations are very subdued and she has an updated machinery. A special feature is the "family room", a lounge looking forward on main deck. I hope she is still kept in this way since I have not seen her the last couple of years. A schoolbook design in my eyes!

Attached Files:

5. Nismo350Z33

Nismo350Z33 New Member

The exterior of Ilona with the interior of Pelorus (a larger version of Ilona to fit the interior :D ).

If there isn't an option to mix hull and interiors, then I'd pick Pelorus.
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I can understand your idea of mixing the two. Ilona is a very contemporary and clean design, while Pelorus got the best interior that Terry Disdale has ever made :)
  7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Guest

First post here, hi all, :)

My favourite yacht is absolutely definitely undoubteky (sp?) positively the 118 Wallypower. Styling is downright amazing. Ridiculously fast (60 knots cruising speed!). Big enough to live on, small enough not to need a crew (I assume). And it can cross the atlantic. Ok ... at 8 or 9 knots ... but it can! :)

Now, when it's all done and said, this puppy costs a whopping 24M$. I do have high expectations for myself ... but that is still is alot of money. Just as much as the fuel economy ... 15gal/nm @ 60knots ... yikes!

www.wallypower.com

Now something realistic?

Something like this ... sporty live-on yacht ... or however one wants to call it. I like Sunseeker, if I can avoid that all fiberglass plasticky look. Something like a Predator 78 or something. It would undoubtly stay in the Med. :)

edit - argh! no hotlinking allowed?
  8. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Wally, Wally,...

..., nuts for Wally! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

"EYEBALL"/DERECKTOR/DIANA DESIGN

There is a nice boat around, today she is white painted under the name of Silent Wings II. Maybe she is still for sale, eventhough the price has been a steal for some time now. Unfortunately out of reach for me today, but one day maybe...
    :)
    But the first thing I should do is to paint her grey as she was built. She looks so much better with the grey color, a little too much military for some people, but the squared design will match the grey much better than the present white. At least in my opinion.
    The yacht is 102 feet, with waterjets and built to be owner operated with low maintenance. Speed up to 20 knots, shallow draft 4.6´/1.4m and with all installations of superior quality. Add to that a nice warm Dee Robinson interior with walnut panels and you have the perfect floating home.
    I still have a few years to that day but this would be my favorite retirement yacht.

Attached Files:

10. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Yeah! "Eyeball" looks cool. I like the "Skat" by Lürssen. The interieur of "Lady Lola" thats would be a very cool yacht. Or the exterieur of Blohm + Voss Projekt M-147. With a sailing yacht on deck (like the Benetti Classic "My Way") :cool:
  11. YachtLover

YachtLover New Member

I have actually changed my mind about mid-size yachts..I changed my mind after I went to the 33rd Annual Fall Boat show at Jack London Square in Oakland. I like the Silverton 39 MY now...it's an incredible deal and is very spacious and efficient. And luxurious, too. It starts at $269,00 or $289,000, and tops around $450,000. That's what I am probably going to get in the near future. It also has a very big Master for it's size. I hate little rooms!! After the Silverton is the Meridian 459..it's still my 2nd. But if money were no object my favorite is still a Sunseeker 75! Hey, but with autopilot do you still need a crew? Can't you sleep while autopilot is on?
  12. YachtForums

A little time has passed since this thread got started and few new boats have made their way onto the scene. Times change and so do preferences. Here's my latest short list...

Oceanco's 21st Century, N & L Designed Expedition (the Y701) and the TRY Cat 160. Lars, if you scaled that cat back 50%, I bet you'de find a buyer!

Attached Files:

13. hufloas

hufloas New Member

My favorites are:

Launched:

Ilona IV

Wallypower 118'

Skat

(Rainbow could be the next one)

Projects:

Crystal Ball

Riva Fly 115'

Wallypower 70m

Designs:

Abstracta

Archnav 80m

Sabdes 40m
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

As you wish Sir.. ;)

Attached Files:

15. YachtForums

Yeah baby... THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Somebody build this thing!!
  16. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS New Member

ECO

My favorite Motoryacht?

Definately Eco, launched in 1991, designed by Martin Francis, 73.00 mtr long, 11,20 mtr wide.
    Today, she sails under a different name. Nontheless, for her time - and stiil now - a fantastic yacht built by Blohm + Voss in Hamburg, Germany.

The warship like lines and technical execution must have inspired the yard to supply such a remarquable ship.

In 1991 she belonged to the supermega's - and her unusual design strongly distincts her from any other design at that time.

Unusual ship, unusual specifications, never equalled.

Attached Files:

• ECO.jpg
      ECO.jpg
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  17. YachtForums

Would it look something like this? ;)

Attached Files:

• Eco.jpg
      Eco.jpg
      File size:
      44.9 KB
      Views:
  18. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS New Member

ECO

Of course a much better foto than I had, thanks for showing it because that one of mine was not exactly an advertisement for the efforts of the design team.

Still special isn't she?
  19. YachtForums

Absolutely! Not ironically, Larry Ellison's new Rising Sun has similar design features. Personally, I think Katana is one of the most unique and memorable yachts ever built.

The only thing I don't like about it... is the narrow bow, coupled with a lack of freeboard. When the going gets rough... this boat gets wet! ;)
  20. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

And now my favourites...

Motoryachts

1. "Lady Lola" (the interieur too)

2. Lars Modin's "Misty"

3. Lars Modin's "Modesty"

4. Lars Modin's "Bling"

5. Modin 100

6. Benetti Classic 35m

7. Projekt 147 (but, a little bit too long)

8. Lürssen's "Queen M"

Sailing yachts

1. "Red Dragon" ex "African Queen"

2. "Salperton"