Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Cross

What would you build with a $600 million Lotto ticket?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Fishtigua, Mar 31, 2012.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

No more lottery winning dreams ??;)
  2. Knothead

Knothead New Member

A Dashew FPB 97. Proven design, rugged and go anywhere with a couple. If I had considerably less say 5 million I would go for the FPB 64. Same as above just a little smaller. I have been in awe of these vessels since the introduction of Windhorse. I feel that if I need a Captain and crew it isn't boating to me. I want the capability to travel the world efficently and under power and these are the vessels to do it on.

Chris
    48 Californian.
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Now that the Euromillions Lotto is down to a piddley small amount (euro 160m) I've now had revise my dream. A nice, simple liveaboard with a single engine and good range.

It has one of my favourite engines installed already.

A Kelvin.

Yachts for sale
  4. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Griffioen is a beautiful capable yacht!

Powerball is even less at $110M which if you take lump sum you will end up with about $46M after taxes so for my money I have my eye on this baby Used JADE YACHTS 2010 for sale in Kaoshuing, Taiwan lots of space in a small package and lots of miles with a small crew = low overhead!!

Perfect for several circumnavigations in luxury and comfort!

And of course there is a cool video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6whnLEYiFI&list=FLX6AUSuS4k8p-Gm6s7l9sUg&index=9&feature=plpp_video
  5. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Let's see...$600mm.....I would build AMG's 100m Bling design :D

And then have monthly YF parties, with free beer/margaritas/oysters/fresh seafood, all served by lovely 18yo stews:D:D:D:D

Cheers,
  6. carelm

carelm Senior Member

If I was in the "go big or go home" mode I would get the Suri YES. It's now about 206 feet long. Then I would get a Jaguar F-Type (S/C V8), Ducati Streetfighter and a vintage Chris-Craft speedboat as toys. I would spend my time going from port to port and spend some time at one before moving on to the next destination. Basically it would be a liveaboard most of the time.
  7. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

My plan is pretty much the same!

Do you or others who have spent long periods of time afloat get frustrated at only being able to see the world at 11 knots?
  8. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Disco,

I think in your case you may want to have a fully kitted out photo studio.:D You've had some great shots over the years.

Since the last three boats we've had were sailboats, 11 kts would be great. I remember a couple times we were dead-a$$ed becalmed. Cigarette smoke would go straight up in the air. Getting tired of that we'd have to run the puny outboard motor for a while until we managed to catch a breeze.
  9. FQUINTERO

FQUINTERO New Member

that makes two of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Can't believe I haven't come across this thread before. 600 million huh? Well, I'd probably buy the island where Walker's Cay was (if it's still for sale...haven't seen it in the listings lately) or an equivalent island in the Bahamas, with a nice cove or dockage. I'd buy a 85 ft. Doggersbank trawler, along with a 52 ft. Viking open sportfisherman, a half interest with Net Jets on a Hawker 800 XP. I'd donate 50 million to Blowboaters to help them with their problems of wanting a sailboat, and another 50 million to helping save our Oceans. ( I know...just a drop in the bucket.) The rest I'd invest offshore and live off the interest. Just a simple Man with simple tastes.
  11. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Time to revive this thread. The powerball now being at $1.3 billion, that's a lot of potential yacht you could buy. After the cash surrender value and taxes (assuming you live in a state without income tax or that does not tax lottery winnings) you are looking at a cool $485m to go home with.
  12. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

Far too much money for my fantasies. I´d be perfectly happy with a classic style 80ft. boat designed for speed, economy, maximum authonomy (up to 3 week of sea endurance depending on speed)that is practical enough for beeing handled by myself alone. Enough space for 4 guests that should leave again before my wine cellar is empty. I won´t be comfortable with a boat that requires a paid crew. Then a generous budget for maintenance and travelling, that´s it. . Perhaps a second boat, a piece of slow oldfashioned dutch steel (deVries Lentsch perhaps) that allows a few more guests, again in the 75-80ft. range.
    And I don´t think that´s really a humble fantasy.
  13. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

With that cash I would still buy a 5-5.5m outboard powered alu boat. I however might carry it on something slightly more exotic than a single axle tilting road trailer
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I see you do not wanna have your colleagues on board.;)
  15. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I think I would purchase something in the 50m range. A custom built at a shipyard in Northern Europe with nice. I feel this is a good size for doing some travelling but also getting in smaller ports.
    Perhaps a small support vessel for additional storage and toys.
  16. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

At $485m, I would probably use 10-25% on a build. Probably a 60m Feadship.
  17. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

We'd keep just what we have but purchase something like an 80' Nortech. Only aiming for 60 knots or so, not for 90 or 130. Just something for those days you want to get out and go fast.
  18. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye, the wish list if one wins the Lotto..
    Been thinking about that, but happiness is not money.
    Nor is money happiness.
    (Look at Bernie Madoff or Christina Onassis)
    I'd go for health and happiness:
    Most of us on this forum are probably getting older and heavier. No?
    Big money won't get me to the gym, only I will.
    Big boat, and all is good..Not so fast.
    If one is primitive, one would fill up the big boat with horny girls, booze
    and good food.
    Eat, drink and fornicate day and night.
    Wish life was that easy..
    My big boat would probably be the Offshore 80.
    I liked the lay-out, the looks and the size.
    The rest of the money? Give to an orphanage or some other needy organization without the bureaucracy.
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I once said that I would like to rebuild the 46 m Parts VI that burnt a couple of years ago if I could, but in reality she is a little too big for my boating. So I rather build the 100-footer inspired by her, that I designed almost 15 years ago. With carbon fiber and waterjets for a cruising speed near 40 knots, this would be a perfect runabout for me... :)

LM100.png
  20. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Nice lines, no wedding cake yacht.