Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums

What Motor Yacht Brand Is The Most Mechanically Reliable?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by KRS, Feb 18, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

Well he clearly doesn't like me much. Guess I'll have to live with that. I'll continue on my journey through life as before.
  2. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

I just noticed I'm now a "senior member ". That's great news. A lot of good people here that I'm privileged to engage in conversation with regularly.
  3. leeky

leeky Senior Member

You implied his stuff was bs. At the least, it was on the fringe, but any time you call someone's words "bs" on a forum, you should be wearing your armor. Odds are you are going to get attacked as they will feel a need to defend themselves. That's what you experienced from KRS in post #64.

It's too bad that KRS lost his membership; I don't think that was justified. I understand what YachtForums was doing, but I was confident that you could have easily handled KRS based on your past postings on YF. Now all of the fun is over.:(
  4. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

He was totally full of baloney. He was trying to sound intelligent and educated on his topics of discussion. I call it like I see it. I'm always up for a vigorous debate with each side defending their position. I have thick skin. He has a lot going on in his world and I'm not the first or last one he'll lash out at.
    MBevins likes this.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

He lost his membership when it became evident his intentions were to steer the thread toward Silent. When a manufacturer or representative poses as a 3rd party to promote or endorse a product, this is fraud and it brings into question their boats and business conduct. What differentiates YF is undiluted, accurate and accountable discussions that are void of vested interests.
    gr8trn likes this.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

If his intent was to promote Silent, then he sure was lousy at his job. If he was their representative, then they have big problems.
    JR R and gr8trn like this.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I had avoided this thread.
    Glad I did.
    Now, Lets get down to some serious black smoke belching..
    I luv the smell of Detroits in the Morning....
    ;);)
    chesapeake46 and Hatterized like this.
  8. Hatterized

Hatterized Member

i stayed "Silent" thus no comment from me....:eek:
    now it is known a mechanic in any given field is a valued commodity....:)
  9. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

Whew!
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Solar just won't do it. So you either need to balance solar and a generator or forget about this entire stupid concept that is 20 years away from being feasible.
  11. Riknpat

Riknpat Senior Member

The interesting use of solar is to at least partly recharge your battery banks so as to reduce noisy generator use in pristine anchorages. Having spent a couple of days on a friends boat in one of those magic inlets of sun, sea, forest and sky and listened to the chugging of what I assumed was a fellow boaters generator - well it rather spoiled the effect. So that's a very good thing. And several reputable builders are promoting it for just that. But will solar propel your boat? Nope. Replace the generator? Not yet. Save any money? Probably not.
    Scott Gardner likes this.
  12. AGP22

AGP22 Member

20220320_014856.jpg 20220320_014722.jpg 20220320_014934.jpg

I just saw this post. This is a "renewables" powered boat. I appears it's going around the world. Personally I like big MTUs and Arnesons, but out of curiosity...