Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service

What I want for Christmas, Santa--

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Loren Schweizer, Dec 12, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Great website, Kelly!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family too!
    Arnie
    :)
  2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

great -.-

hm - lets talk about things i will never be able to afford:
    1. 50m yacht from westport *g*
    2. 100 feet trawler from bandido (http://www.bandido-yachts.com/)
    3. much more money to make a tour around the world with both yachts

the things i will be able to afford:
    1. a new notebook (my one has 600Mhz -.-)
    2. some parts for my camera
    (http://www.sigma-foto.de/cms/upload/produktbilder/objektive/10-20mm_gross.jpg)
    (around 500€ -.-)

3. lots of health :D
    so to you all!!

and have a nice christmas!
  3. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Thought I would share a Christmas story with you guys….

My family is out of town and I stayed close to home to catch up on life. Come Christmas Eve, I was feeling a little lonely. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve been on a date, but this is my own fault. I find work more rewarding then most of the women I’ve met! Anyhow, I decided to attend a Christmas Eve church service. After I arrived and sat down, I looked around and caught the eye of a very pretty woman looking over at me and smiling. I smiled back, looked away and thought "it was nice of her to smile, not enough women do this nowadays".

A few moments later, I saw her glancing over again and was starting to wonder if my fly was unzipped! When the service was over, yet another glance. As everyone exited the auditorium, she seemed to be walking slower, as if to let me catch up. Then, I saw her look over her shoulder to see if I was following. At that point, my testosterone level went off the chart, so I idled up and hailed her from astern.

Gotta tell ya... this girl is beautiful. You know, the kind that takes your breath away, causes confident men to stutter and other women to immediately freshen up their lipstick? Well, I managed to keep stupidity in check and chatted with her as we walked to our cars. That turned into a talk that uncovered similarities, which turned into a Christmas Eve drink, which was followed by phone banter. Have to say… God works in mysterious ways!

It's hard to say what, if anything, will come from this happenstance, but at this point one phrase comes to mind... Praise the Lord! :D

There you have it. That's what I got for Christmas. What did Santa bring you?
  4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

.. ;) ..
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Carl,
    Boy, if there was ever a time to do that, it was then.
    I've had situations like that, but mostly in my dreams. Looks like Santa brought you the gift that keeps on giving.
    The kids got me Flight Simulator X, Deluxe Edition, so the wife went along and got me a new joystick. Gonna have to give up the boating thing for a spell while I try to master flying a 747. LoL Definitely have to try the helicopter, a steady hover would be a big goal.
    Enjoy the rest of the holiday. And if you need some kids around, I'll send over my three teenagers.
    Tom
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You must be kidding Carl?! I took the boat out to the Church Bay on one of the islands and had an idea of attending this mornings traditional Christmas service. But at six in the morning almost nothing gets me out of bed...

My idea was to listen to some nice songs which became less important this dark morning. Didn´t´have a thought that there could be more interesting things in Church until i read your story now. I´ll better go there on New Years Eve!!!

And of course, good luck Carl!

Attached Files:

7. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Carl, that is an amazing tale of serendipity.
    I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, but, unfortunately, I woke up!

Here's hoping your new situation lasts throughout the New Year and beyond.
  8. YachtForum

Thanks Loren! I'm seeing her tonight, but I've got major competition. We're going to see the new Bond flick and I don't drive an Aston Martin. However, if I had your creative writing skills, I could probably convince her I'm double-0 eight.

I'll let you guys know if I crash & burn later...
  9. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Bad idea Carl... the torture scene really gets to the ladies I've heard. LOL Apparently they feel compelled to kiss him better... (you'll get that when you see it). ;)
  10. YachtForum

Hhmmm.... well, couldn't be any worse than what I've got planned. Did I mention...

...it's been a year!!!!! :eek: :D
  11. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

This thread is a waste without any pictures.
    C'mon Carl, let us be the judges. LoL
    Enjoy the date. Be home by 11:00 PM.
    Tom

PS Did you explain to her what you do for a living and that you hang out with a bunch of unsavory yachties?
  12. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Or for that matter, that your most cherished moments are flying helicopters upside down? :D
  13. YachtForum

LOL! Well, I'm pretty sure if I posted a picture of her and she found out about it... I'd be talking suprano and walking with a limp. Oh... and I'm still working on a damage control measure when she finds out I play with toy helicopters!
  14. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Just make up something about finger dexterity. ;)
  15. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

Well Christmas and New Years is over and I was channel surfing and ended up watching "Dr Phil" the other day

Dr. Phil proclaimed,

"The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started and hadn't finished."

So, I looked around the house to see all the things I'd started and hadn't finished ...

and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot,

a bottle of White Zinfandel,

a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream,

a bottle of Kahlua,

a package of Oreos,

two roach’s I found in the ashtray,

some Doritos

and a half a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now.
  16. YachtForum

Starting off the new year in good spirits! :D
  17. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

Never ceases to amaze me how alcohol can make the whole world seem like a much better place, biggest problem is trying to function and stay drunk at the same time.:p
  18. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Some character by the name of Joe Walsh once opined, " The smoker I drink, the player I get."
  19. airship

airship Senior Member

I guess that nobody got what they really wished for this Xmas, else you'd have told us all about it by now...?!

Though I didn't contribute to this thread before now, I also wished for a few things this past Xmas. I'm not sure if it was the wording of my letter to Santa that was at fault, or perhaps because the geographical position of the North Pole varies each year and the letter wasn't forwarded in time...?!

But I have to admit that in recent years, those slanderous rumours about Santa not really existing have begun to sway my judgement somewhat, maybe. If I'm honest, I'd have to say that although I still believe in Santa, I always knew it wasn't he who brought the presents. Rather, it was the "Santa in everyone", but especially close friends and relatives.

Nevertheless, I'm beginning to think that I'm not as closely-related to uncle Bill or uncle Warren as I'd once imagined: even after all the years I've faithfully bought MS software just because he was my "uncle", uncle Bill apparently continues to ignore me and instead prefers to make presents to Africans etc. he's never ever met or ever been addressed by as "uncle Bill or auntie Melinda"?! What's even worse, is that uncle Warren has given Uncle Bill all his Berkshire Hathaway billions too... :(

What's the point of having rich relatives is all I have to say?! :confused: