Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for Cross Click for Westport

Whaler 15 gls

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Andytk5, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Andytk5

Andytk5 New Member

I know I'm not crazy (least I hope) but I could swear whaler had a 15' GLS model out in the ealry to mid 90's that has no wood for seats or console. Also the console front slanted back toward the driver. It wasn't the squared fiberglass console that goes straight up but it was laid back at an angle. I have been searching for pics of this model or one for sale for a while and I have looked at all the sites like whaler central and continuouswave etc..
    Does anybody have any pics or info about this particular model???

Thanks
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

3. Andytk5

Andytk5 New Member

Thanks for sharing that. I had seen that exact site (in my orig question) but I could swear the 15' model that was in the mid 90's had a console that slanted back to the driver, as you can see that one is verticle with a seat in front of the wheel. Thanks for looking though.
  4. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Are you thinking of the Striper? That has a slanted-front starboard side console with no seat in front of the driver, and to port is a cooler bungee'd to cleats. Or perhaps the Super Sport Limited? That has a split console forward of a bench seat for driver and two passengers, slanted fronts on each of the console sides. I think it may have seats on the faces of the consoles though.

The Hull Truth also has pics of the various models, as well as a for sale ad for a 15 GLS from about 2 years ago with very good pics.
  5. Andytk5

Andytk5 New Member

Well it looks like this is what I was thinking of from all the looking around I have done and scouring the whaler sites. I found someone's album from there 90's 15 GLS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Maybe it's just my old eyes, but that looks like what was shown earlier except in the site the owner had installed a pair of seats with backs instead of the bench pad. The seat forward of the console still has the straight backed seat. Don't think that fiberglass insert changed in all the years they were using it.
  7. Andytk5

Andytk5 New Member

Yeah that was correct, I had just a different image or memory of it than that. After all the looking I just did I am convinced that is the right one. Thanks guys