Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Glendinning

Vintage Viking Fan Club!

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by PaulVato, Jun 2, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Kriley

Kriley New Member

Have a 1984 Viking 44 MY aft cabin. Looking for owners of similar models.
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

That would be me. I have a 1987
  3. sheraton

sheraton Member

Hey, MBevins, a friend of mine has the same exact boat, I will see him tomorrow and will ask what size props he has. We are going to Atlantic City in the morning so I won't get back to you until Monday. I own a 1986 41' Viking and love it!
  4. sheraton

sheraton Member

My friend has the same boat and power
    My friend has the same exact bot and power. He is running 3 blade props that are 22x23.
  5. m/v ATHENA

m/v ATHENA New Member

Hello everyone. Glad I found the site...we have a 1982 43' aft cabin w/ 6-71N's and we love her!
  6. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Welcome.... you should have many years of enjoyment ahead of you with those engines.
  7. LM Viking

LM Viking Member

Thought I would join in. We purchased a 1988 Viking 44 Motor Yacht in late August. Got a few weekends on the boat to get to know her. We love the boat. We had been out of boating for a few years and decided we needed another boat. We have had two 36 ft sailboats and a 50 ft trawler. The boat has been well maintained and only on the Great Lakes. She is in winter storage for now, but we can't wait to get her out in the spring. We plan to mainly cruise her in northern Lake Michigan/Lake Huron near the Straits this year.
    She has Detroit 6-71 TIBs from Johnson and Tower.
    Thought I would see if anyone still interested in this thread and discussions.
    Don't have a good picture with her new name on yet for avatar.
  8. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Welcome aboard.
    Lots of knowledge here.
    I have the same boat. Got her in 2000 so we're kinda attached to each other.
    If you have any questions let me know.
  9. LM Viking

LM Viking Member

Thanks. Nice to have access to someone with a similar boat. Even though I had been boating for years there are things about this boat I have lots of questions about. I have been slowly about her systems, but not a lot of time out on the water yet. My trawler had Perkins 6-354T engines but this is my first experience with Detroits. I do like the way they run and move the boat though.
    We live in northern lower Michigan and keep the boat in Charlevoix. We have been boating this area for 30 years intermittently. Love this area for cruising and access to North Channel in Lake Huron, etc.
    Will try to keep in touch. Thanks again for the welcome.
    Thought I would go ahead with a picture at the dock until spring.
  10. Rick Yager

Rick Yager New Member

Me as well. I just purchased a 1990 44-foot MY. Getting the survey corrections done now. Boat is in North East. When ready, we will take a winter cruise down the Chesapeake and up the Potomac to its new home in Washington DC.

Glad that this forum is here. Really appreciate the history lessons.
  11. LM Viking

LM Viking Member

Good to see more new owners joining. They are great boats. Looking forward to getting her out of storage this spring
  12. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

I think we have 4 or 5 44's here now.
    Nice to see.
  13. Rick Yager

Rick Yager New Member

I think we have a quorum
  14. LM Viking

LM Viking Member

Hear, hear. :)
    I have checked out ads on Yacht World, etc. for all advertised 44 Motor Yachts just out of curiosity. I am still amazed by the differences in the boats by model years and apparently the optional interior customization from the factory in a production boat. The PO did do an after market custom aft deck wet bar with combo ice maker / refrigerator, but other than some cosmetics it is as from factory as far as I can tell. We really like our interior configuration.
  15. Rcalasant

Rcalasant New Member

A friend has an 88 Viking 44 aft cabin and needs to replace the starboard shift cable on the Detroit. Does anyone know the length or part number? Thank you -
  16. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

There is a string of numbers on the cable end. That would be the original vendor part number. Usally the length is the last few numbers.
    Viking has a great support group. With the HIN they may be able to help also.
  17. Skytow

Skytow New Member

Checking in with a 1987 35 convertible. Originally powered by gas 454’s the PO repowered with Cummins 6BTA 370s. Mine is the unusual plan B layout with no settee and bunk beds in a second cabin. We looked hard for this particular layout as it fit the family well.

I’ve spent a silly amount of $$ on this boat upgrading and repairing but we love it and she’s a keeper.

Hope we can generate some traffic here!
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  18. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Pictures help..:D:D:D
  19. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

It's always the fortunate person who acquires a repowered boat like this. Provided its done correctly.
  20. Klaus Jones

Klaus Jones New Member

I'm joining the club! After a lot of searching I found a nice 43 DC.