Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Vineyard Yachts Hawk 29?

Discussion in 'General Downeast Dayboat Discussion' started by Squee, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Squee

Squee New Member

I have owned a variety of sailboats over the years but am thinking about transitioning to a small motor yacht to make it a little easier to spend time on the water. I recently came across a Vineyard Yachts Hawk 29 for sale and like the looks and size but cannot find much information on the designer/builder and really nothing about this model. I understand they closed up shop in the mid-80s, pre-internet days, so not really too surprising. Does anyone here have any experience with this boat/builder, or can they direct me to any online or print information about them?
    Thanks,
    david milan likes this.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That looks like a lot of boat in a little hull. A bit top heavy, and with that single screw well let's say it's a good thing you're coming from a sailboat cause she'll be a beast to dock in any kind of wind. Probably why there's nothing on them. There were a lot of boat companies that came and went in the 80's and some bad built boats. To me it looks like one to pass on.
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

If you like that style of boat, maybe look at a Cape Dory or any Down East Flybridge.