Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Viking 47 (1994) with man 2848- cost of maintenance

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Rob brennan, Sep 22, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rob brennan

Rob brennan New Member

I'm coming into my first off season with my boat and trying to I get an idea on what needs to be done. In this exercise, I’ve discovered that I have no idea what the cost to have services done are. Does anyone know the costs for each of the M1-M6 and A1 and A2 services? Ideally both from man authorized and a general diesel mechanic (maybe not man authorized).

Hoping to take some basic deisel courses this winter so I can do general upkeep, but want to know what each of these will cost if I have it professionally done.

Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
  2. VetteLT193

VetteLT193 New Member

M1 and M2 are DIY and part of bigger services, they are just basic operational checks like checking the coolant and oil levels, cleaning pre filters, etc. M3 is just fuel filters, also DIY. M4 is oil change, no big deal here either. M6 is just a boat ride.

The rest will kill ya. M5 is checking valve clearance and setting it. A1 and A2 have to do with coolant, heat exchangers, etc.

A full maintenance, like a 2000 hour maintenance with twins, is likely to run you $15-20k to have it professionally done. Parts are NOT cheap even relative to normal expensive marine diesel prices.
  3. DrCatcher

DrCatcher New Member

Just had my 1000 hour service done on my LE 401s in Ft Lauderdale.. Expensive but thorough..
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Consider Bayside Diesel in Mystic for the work you can't do. They have been taking care of my 820's for 20 years - excellent work and pricing.