Click for Cross Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Viking 35 Window Replacement

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by ELYSIUM, Jun 1, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ELYSIUM

ELYSIUM New Member

Has anyone replaced their side or front windows with permanent tempered tinted glass? How was it done? Also has anyone ever replaced the vinyl gasket material around the windows of the rear sliding door? Mine have shrunk so bad there are one inch gaps in the corners. Can it be replaced and how?
  2. Bob B

Bob B New Member

replacement windows

Yes I removed the side windows on my 35' viking I was tired of the leaks and mold growing in the tracks. Beleive it or not the hard part was getting the old windows out and removing the track work. The most difficult part of the job was removing the bedding compound under the window frame. I hired a "Glass guy" to do the install which I watched and found it to be a pretty simple process. The first thing they did was make a templet of the opening and ordered the glass. once the glass was delivered he installed a 1" X 1" aluminim strip around the opening, then they allpied a very strong double stick tape, set the glass and lastley caulked it in place. I have new gotten so many complements on my boat the install up dated the look of the boat and best of all no more leaks. With the glass to glass seam in the middle and no visable window fram on the outside it makes the boat look like a much newer boat then what it actually is 1977.
  3. ELYSIUM

ELYSIUM New Member

Window Replacement

Sounds like the job turned out real well. Do you have any pictures? I would love to see the finished results. Can you send them to: EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Please read YF's rules before making any further posts Elysium
  5. Bob B

Bob B New Member

see attached pictures

Attached Files:

6. HI-TECH_Charte

HI-TECH_Charte New Member

The new windows look GREAT !

I am working on restoring the sliding salon doors on my 1977 35' Viking, but have not been able to find replacment weatherstripping (glazing spline) Has anyone ever done this ? Or am I better off to have new doors made ?
  7. Angelo

Angelo New Member

Viking sells that felt like stuff that goes into the window track . I purchased some for my 1974 33. The material has a funny name like Schlagel. I believe that the spelling may be off but its close. Hope that helps.
  8. Angelo

Angelo New Member

Rubber Glazing material

C L Lawrece Co sells by the roll rubber material that I think will work. Its their number RG38100 Glazing Gasket. You can get it on EBay or on Amazon.com
  9. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

nice job on the 35 Viking windows,
    I had the same year 35 and always wanted to do what you did to the salon windows.
    very nice job, great boat