Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for JetForums

VIDEO - Sunk Bertram Discussion

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 15, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 84far

84far Senior Member

Or the tech wasn't used properly (speculation). But yes mother nature can bite pretty hard :eek:.

Captain can't see everything.... a bit of spray will hide things. I missed a turtle by a few inches that if hit would of easly made a meal of the keel and skeg... (big mummer).

Any more on this Bertram...? They have cleaned this up pretty nicely ;).

Far
  2. Liam

Liam Senior Member

I dont know if this is true or not but a bird told me that Bertram and MM gave a replacement 2004 630. Can anyone check if this is true....
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Anybody have anything new?
    ,Ralph
  4. dockeffer

dockeffer New Member

All boat builders are in trouble with the present economy, but bertram is hanging on by tenuous threads when compared to viking and hatteras. Since what happened to this boat is and always will be speculative Bertrams reputation under ferretti took a punch in the nose when this boat sank. I hope Bertam survives, and at the same time is honest about possible structural integrity problems that may exist with some of their boats, and if they do exist warranty them, even if it means replacing boats with new boats. I have actually seen a few 25 whalers break in half down here on the Gulf coast of texas. And whaler replaced the defective hull and dared the owner to break it again!