Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

Upgrading lectrasan to electroscan?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by erichunke, May 30, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. erichunke

erichunke New Member

I have an old lectrascan that in in need of replacement. I spoke with Raritan today and was given the impression that it would be difficult and costly to upgrade to the electroscan unit. He recommended that I find an old new stock lectrasan unit. The two units are roughly the same price, but I hate buying something that is no longer in production.

Has anyone upgraded that could share some info with me. Looking online the units appear very similar other than inlet and outlet locations. It looks like the install would be fairly straight forward with a few plumbing fixes. Another question is it even worth the trouble of the upgrade? The lectrasan will be a straight swap of the unit and I can always upgrade in years to come if needed or if I even still have this same boat.

Thanks,
    Eric
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Vs reading your mind, What is wrong with your older unit? No longer in production (a usual Raritain issue) is not the end of support.
    Raritan offers spares and factory rebuilding options on near everything.

If your shopping, e-bay is your friend.
  3. erichunke

erichunke New Member

Rcrapps thanks for the reply. I ended up just purchasing a new Electro scan unit. It may not have been the cheapest route, but at least everything is new. I'll hold onto the old unit and see if I can't troubleshoot the problem and can keep it as a backup or sell it.