Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Mag Bay

Uneducated Writer - Yacht from Miami to Monaco?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by WriterGuy, Feb 11, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Beau

Beau Senior Member

I'm the offending guy. My apologies to the members of the forum. What I should have written was: "Guys, the young man is looking for some ideas on how do do this - any ideas", thanks.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

No, you are not.
  3. Emerson

Emerson New Member

Didn't a homeless man steal a yacht a while ago, a big one too, I seem to recall something about him cooking a steak on the element. Just walked into the marina (maybe in the UK) got on the boat and off he went.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That's a rather harsh assessment.

Cussler hasn't done anything that plenty of others before him haven't done. Good guys, bad guys, crazy odds, impossible feats.... it's all very Flemming, just on a boat.

His novels are what's referred to as "fiction", meaning "made up, imaginary". :rolleyes: They aren't documentaries. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that 95% or more of his readers are non-nautical types so anything others than kilometres would be lost on them. People read Cussler novels to entertain themselves... it's just escapism, not an education.

In his own words:

I've been collecting Cussler novels since Dragon, but having those books on my shelf doesn't make me any sort of maritime expert, and I'm under no illusion that it does.
  5. jsi

jsi New Member

Well -

The old Gentry Eagle, with tanks pressed,

And helmets and flak jackets, comes to mind..............

And a mid-ocean rendezvous with a fueling ship.

By the way, this is meant as humor, not argument,

Backed up by a tiny bit of history.

However, to the OP, something like the Gentry Eagle is about your only shot,

And you'll just have to be creative from there.

jsi