Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Un-Conventional Engines

Discussion in 'Engines' started by karo1776, Aug 24, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

WARNING This is only for unconventional engines...

If it looks like it will seize up... not ever start... overheat... fall apart... is impossible to service it belongs here... otherwise it does not!

If it looks, sounds or works like a CAT, Mann or DDMTU do not post it here...
  2. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

3. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

4. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Yes... and you would like machining kugelmotor cylinders??? too. I cannot imagine how they build it but apparently it exists.
  5. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

6. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

H'mmm ... hook that up to a generator and it should run forever!
  7. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Too Funny.

The builder stated that it is capable of powering an LED. ;)

also,

here's one that adheres to the OP's requirements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bwevLgeRc
  8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Unconventional engine

My little self launching glider aircraft has an retractable rotary (Wankel) engine. 56 HP, runs on normal unleaded gasoline, is very small, lightweight and the most amazing thing on this Wankel engines is, with increasing RPM the vibrations go towards NIL and the engine sounds like a little turbine.

As this engines are used only during take off for max. 5 to 10 min per flight and I am only doing app. 30 to 50 flights a year on this glider, it will last virtually for ever.

During the no fly winter season, the engine is taken out of the a/c within 10 min. and send in a box to the aircraft manufacturer for anual service and certification. In the springtime the engine is put back in again and the glider is ready to fly. Pure fun!!!

Wankel engines are great aircraft engines, because of their small size and low weight and their remarkable low level of vibration. And IMO, they would make great outboard engines for boats.

To bad, this engine principle is not really usable for self igniting fuel (Diesel).

Attached Files: