Click for Cheoy Lee Click for JetForums Click for Lurssen Click for Oceanco Click for Bering

Trumpy Yachts

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 12, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 1blueheron

1blueheron New Member

1991(2).png

This is supposed to have been taken in 1991.
  2. Manusel

Manusel Member

The official number should be stamped on any wood component like a door or drawer or other prefabricated piece.
  3. 1blueheron

1blueheron New Member

Can anybody tell me if the decorative rail with the circle pattern is unique to this vessel or was that a common detail? If it is relatively unique, I think it is safe to say we have found a vintage picture of her. One of the pictures I found of her docked shows that exact rail detail. trumpy.jpg trumpy2.jpg

You can see the decorative rail detail in the above 2 pictures. The flag logo on the stacks is identical as well between pictures in posts 342 & 360. Does the flag decal denote any notable ownership? Using the measuring tool and Google earth aerial view, she measured 98' LOA.
  4. 1blueheron

1blueheron New Member

I will look next time I am down, still some wood stuff lying around that has not been burned and the bow is still intact. Its a long shot.
  5. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Sea Eric is more knowledgeable about these than I but I have never seen another Trumpy with the circular trim you speak of.
    This particular boat is older than any I've seen still in service, I think.
  6. Manusel

Manusel Member

I'm pretty sure that "circular trim" is actually a retrofitted stiffening beam of some sort. The round cutout holes were intended to lighten it without diminishing its tensile strength. Maybe the vessel had become distressingly limber longitudinally, and this beam was fitted to address that. I have never seen anything like this on any other vessel much less on a Mathis-Trumpy. It was definitely a retrofit. So it and the cross flags/burgee feature on the stack definitively identifies this vessel as the same one I posted above in this thread. Now, considering the crossed burgee feature on the stack, that should identify the owner. One burgee is the private signal of the owner and the other is his home yacht club. To research this, I will pore through the flag/burgee section of my editions of "Lloyd's Register of American Yachts".
  7. 1blueheron

1blueheron New Member

I have growing confidence that this is indeed the Luneta. I found a captains website https://scottcparker.com/capt.html where he claims he was captain of the Paradise II in 1988 in FL and the picture matches up. Paradise II was reportedly one of the later registered names of Luneta. I can't find much in the way of previous ownership records other than this. I may contact Cpt. Parker if his info is still valid and see if he can provide any additional insite.
  8. Manusel

Manusel Member

Hmmm, will check this out and report back.
  9. Manusel

Manusel Member

Looks like it was indeed Luneta. But at some point she must have had the stern modified as well as being lengthened from 98' to 103'.
  10. Manusel

Manusel Member

I believe this was the 1929 Luneta. notice the difference in the stern.

Attached Files: