Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Trumpy For Sale On Ebay

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by mrtrump, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mrtrump

mrtrump New Member

Hi I am going to be trying to buy the Trumpy that is on ebay right now and I am wondering if there is anyone that is on this website that would be interested in working on the boat for me...(minor restoration) if indeed, I end up being the lucky one to purchase her. Thank you for your consideration. Mr Trump
  2. Adventure

Adventure New Member

The one in Delray Beach? That's more than minor restoration.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I don't believe that she is a Trumpy. I think that she was perhaps built by Vinyard Shipyard in Milford, Delaware. Either way, she is a handsome vessel and is worthy of a proper restoration.
  4. mrtrump

mrtrump New Member

trumpy

i dont know where you got your information or decison but i have already had someone look at it and it is definitley a Trumpy its a shame you let it get away. If I had a dime for everything that people have told me over the years that ended up not being true or misleading...i would have my own island now!:)
  5. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

You may perhaps arrive at the same conclusion that I did when I ran an abstract of title with the United States Coast Guard using the official number that is carved in the overhead beam in the lower forward cabin. The abstract indicated Vinyard as the builder. This info coupled with viewing original Vinyard Ship Yard photo advertising from the early 1950's that I purchased on ebay. I have toured the old Vinyard Ship Yard buildings, which still exist in Milford Delaware. I was treated to a look at historic scrap books and old photos of their yacht builds from launch.

I contacted Jerry Foster, the Trumpy Yacht Association historian, who could not identify this boat as a Trumpy build. I have seen photos of a similar looking 50' Trumpy build named "Rowdy" (see ebay for an old ad or article with photo) so its easy to see that this similar profile could be mistaken.

I have participated in the survey, seatrial and sale of many Trumpy yachts over the years. I have not, however, owned one. It has been my general experience that Trumpy builds typically have the famous scrolls on the bow. In addition to that, they have a small plaque mounted in the cabin or pilothouse indicating "Built by John Trumpy and Sons". All Trumpy built yacht have a "Contract #"

I will admit that the subject vessel (formerly named "Incentive") had me fooled for a while. Her cabinetry and interior finish were typical of Trumpy work. Note that the flying bridge was a later addition.

It is certainly not my intention to mislead you or anyone. My research was for my own benefit only. Your research may perhaps lead you to a different finding.

Either way, good luck. She is a handsome craft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  6. dskira

dskira Guest

You jump to fast.
    SeaEric knows what is talking about, and you should ask him to help you in your purchase, so you will not make a mistake.
    With him your island has to wait.
    Cheers
    Daniel
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I see that she has been re-listed on ebay with a $6000. buy it now option. Hopefully this vessel will soon find a caring new steward.
  8. ruquik

ruquik New Member

Anyone know what happened to this boat or have link??

-Brad
  9. ruquik

ruquik New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry MrTrump, She's not a Trumpy.....
    It looks like Florida sport fishing killed the Hinemoa.

-Brad
  10. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Here she is in an original ad.

Attached Files:

11. ruquik

ruquik New Member

Yeah, she is def. a 40' Vinyard. I'm jealous, must be the only ad i don't have, lol.
  12. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

I love those old ads with the pen and ink drawings. Chris Craft used those type of illustrations in it's literature back in the day to.

I like how the ad reads "sound, conservative lines," I'll say. Here we are all these years later and it's still a beautiful yacht albeit needing restoration. Some things truly don't go out of style.

I wasn't familiar with Vinyard shipbuilding co till this thread. Interesting bit history.
  13. ruquik

ruquik New Member

Admin Note: This image has been reduced. Our rules call for images to be no larger than 640 pixels and we DO NOT allow hot linking of images, therefore the remaining images have been removed.

Attached Files:

14. billl.

billl. New Member

That's a real beauty.

Man, does that picture take me back. My father owned a 41 foot vinyard from 1970 until around 1992. We bought it at Scopinich boat yards in Hampton Bays NY and kept it at Jackson's Marina in Hampton bays for all the time that we had her. It was a magnificent boat, sister ribbed from stem to stern. We never could figure out if that was standard operating procedure, or not. What we surmised is that it was done during WWII when the Coast Guard used private vessels this size for shore patrol--that's the story I heard growing up, at any rate. The side windows in that picture were all roll-down cranks. The round portholes were the same on our boat, different from those other photos of later 40's Vinyards. When new, she had a pair of Kermath's in her, but by the time we acquired her, she ran on a pair of Chrysler Crowns, later repowered with 350 Chevy's. I have some pictures that I can post soon of what she looked like. I remember all the beautiful mahogany everywhere, and inside the cabin on the portside there was a murphy bed. She ran great through all kinds of sea conditions. Just a beauty, almost 20 tons. White cedar hull. I would love to see more pictures and hear more about this boat. Just seeing the photo brings back so many memories.
  15. ruquik

ruquik New Member

I know its an old post, but i thought i would give you guys a neat update.

The post above this one, bill, saw the picture of this
    [​IMG]

That i posted up.

Well it turns out that this was in-fact his fathers boat that he is describing, and he and his family were able to come out and enjoy it.

So thanks to the original poster for getting the ball rolling.

-Brad