Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn

Trucking home a Pursuit 335 or IC to Fla/Bah

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by craigsduc, Mar 6, 2012.

1. craigsduc

craigsduc New Member

We are buying a Pursuit 2008 335 OS in New Jersey. We planned on trucking it to Southern California the end of March/beginning of April. I have now had someone recommend bringing it south along the ICW to S Florida to use there a bit and perhaps in the Bahamas as well. It would be my wife and our 7 year old daughter ( a fish out of water that loves to catch her own kind.......and actually eat them! ) on board or perhaps they would meet me in Forida when I get it there.........or perhaps I would take it down myself with my 34 yr old son, fly home so we would all go back to Florida later in the Spring to take it to/use it in the Bahamas. We actually went to the Bahamas late last year and visited Atlantis/Nassau , Eluthera, as well as Harbour Island (off of Eluthera). We enjoyed it but also know you can rent CCs there and leave your own boat home....... I know there are many out there that have experienced the Bahamas many times and could lend us opinions as to what would be a good/realistic plan......send the Pursuit home on a truck, vacuum bagging it or taking it south and using it in the Bahamas at least once in the Spring and then trucking it to Marina Del Rey/shipping it to Ensenada on Yacht Path............Thoughts?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Take it to Florida. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a lot of wonderful cruising. I'd recommend doing the Exumas (Sampson Cay and surrounding area's), Key West, and others.......California is well, home, and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy it there.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Sounds like opportunity knocking. Not sure I'd come all the way to the east coast to buy that boat except to throw in that once in a lifetime experience.