Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Comfort Click for JetForums Click for Westport

Triton Subs goes CRAZY deep!!

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by mwagner1, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

I spent a wee bit of time looking over the Triton subs website and incredibly, they offer a three person sub that can go, according to their site, down to 36,000' (11,000m). That is deep enough to explore the Challenger Deep in the Mariana's Trench!!!! Imagine having SEVEN miles of water overhead!!!! The summit of Mt Everest would still be a mile under water!!!

I am not sure that I could ever take such a deep trip,though the possibility of visiting the resting place of Titanic 12,000' would be tempting...the units that they offer for 1,000' and 3,300' would seem to be plenty deep enough and a float around the sunken ships in Truk Lagoon would be sweet at around 280'...still some minor ambient light at 280' as opposed to total darkness at 12K and 36K for Titanic and Challenger Deep...

Cheers,
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Does the 36,000' sub come with a money back guarantee? If you don't come back up they pay for your funeral...:D
  3. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

I don't know about the money back guarantee, but if it does not come back up then you might have a new definition of the term "burial at sea"...though I would hate to be in a different sub at that depth and come up on another deep diver that had, ummm, cough cough, stayed deep for eternity that had never been recovered...I bet that would be a rather grisly site to behold as the dead sub emerges from the pitch black environment ;)

Cheers,
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

As we say in Barbados .. "Not me and dat dey boa" Lol, Give me another toy that treads closer to the surface, thanks!
  5. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Here is a shot of their sub at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show last year.

sub.JPG

Come on down to FLIBS at the end of the month and check em out, they look even better in person!!

I understand they will be announcing the first "submarine charter service" at the Show so stay tuned!!!

Yeah, I tried to get that gold bar out of its clutches but no luck!!
  6. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHA, I agree...once again, give me a sub that can safely view, say Truk Lagoon so that if there is a problem, one could still make it safely to the surface...I would rather have around 280' (with ambient light) over may head than 1,000 or 3,300'..or, 36,000 feet of pitch black water :D

Cheers,
  7. brunick

brunick Senior Member

8. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHA....VERY sweet but just a little too long for one's shadow boat!!!;)

Then again, no need for Dockwise or rough seas!!!!:D

Cheers,
  9. Yacht News

I'm sure Dockwise would have an argument against that!
  10. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Oh, I am sure...just lend me the uber millions to build that bad boy and we can see how it goes from, say, Fort Lauderdale to the Med under water and then back to Fort Lauderdale on Dockwise, eh?? Of course, when we are done with the experiment I get to keep the sub,okay??:p

Cheers,
  11. brunick

brunick Senior Member

i'd say it's the perfect shadow, if the seas are getting too rough, get into the shadow, dive and get away with some good sleep underwater :D
  12. Yacht News

Mwagner1, you have a light spirit! Btw, it isn't necessary to abuse the use of the emoticons, thanks!