Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for JetForums

transportation/delivery costs ?

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by Edwardc1949, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Edwardc1949

Edwardc1949 New Member

There are several Trumpy yachts for sale on the west coast, how long and what would be the guess/ estimated cost to deliver to mid-atlantic ?

Thanks ,
    Edward
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Call Sevenstar or DYT. There normal route is that area....Ensanada MX to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know of any freighter that ships to the Mid Atlantic from there, it would probably have to be run up with a Captain. That being said, DYT would be my first choice by far and probably theirs as well. I wouldn't want to sling a wooden yacht or have it done of that vintage, it could create all sorts of structural issues. Dockwise you'd drive it in and they'd cradle it underwater and would be less stressful for the hull. You also will probably have issues with leakage into the bilge when launched for the first day or two until the wood swells again, as it will have sat dry out of the water for 3-4 weeks, but that's common anytime you haul a wooden boat out of the water, just need to be aware of it.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

WAG - For Captain and expenses to loading port, transport by ship, then East Coast delivery to Mid-Atlantic I bet you have $50 to $60K in that transport.