Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

TNT platform issues

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pascal, Apr 1, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Then you have to reinvent the wheel, fix what you have OR?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I sent a quote request to nautical structure. They did the platforms on the later 110s. As much as I haven’t been impressed by their service, we ll see

the problem is that the TNT second stage puts a new square tube on top of the existing frame to raise the platform higher. That’s why we d loose 3” of float on depth which wont work. They could easily use two tubes on each side of the frame instead of on top of it so the platform remains at the same level. Still going back and forth with them but it s a slow process
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Quite a dilemma. I have heard complaints about slow service from Nautical Structures, but ultimately, they build good products that hold up and perform. They're typically a step above, sturdier and better built. We have several NS products and pleased with all.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I talked to them today… close to 100k plus install and that s reusing the existing fiberglass platform which is fine.

will try to with with TNT to fix the existing issue.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Da Da Da Da Damm son..
    $100K
    Gold plated???
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Metal prices have gone thru the roof. They have at least a couple of months wait time for pistons.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I was thinking (it happens);
    Are there any mods so that you would keep your service swing that you have now, then during ships movement, be able to raise up a good bit further out of the wash?
    I'm sure this would require some longer travel cylinders and maybe longer hotz arms but still,,, an idea??
  8. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Having in mind what a boating mate of mine paid for a full platform retrofit from the company I linked in my post #16, I'd expect their ballpark cost to be half of that. And for a top quality product!
    Not sure of if/where do they have any dealer in FL, though.
  9. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

They have one yard in ft lauderdale listed as their dealer. Not too crazy about dealing with a single dealer in the country and a product from Europe considering how parts availability is these days. Last resort
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

yes that’s what they call second stage. They had another support on top of the existing and then a pair of cylinder raise the platform another 15” or so. Problem is that with their standard setup you loose 3” of float on clearance which will not work for us. They re trying to see how it can be adapted. I have an idea but waiting for them to come up with a solution… from their website.

Attached Files:

11. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Ah, now I understand.
  12. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

My idea is to use two support frames in the platform straddling the existing main support and lift tubes. The new pistons will have to be offset but that’s no big deal