Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Perko

Throttle Cable Length & Freshwater pump location

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Pamela005, Aug 26, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pamela005

Pamela005 New Member

If anyone has replaced the port throttle cable on a 46 SS or Sunliner do you know the length of it? Might as well ask about starboard cable too, as I will add that to my order "just in case".

Second question is where is the freshwater pump? Before I start cutting more holes and tearing the galley apart I hope someone has the answer to that.

The boat, Buena Ventura, named after the US Navy ship my great-uncle was killed on in WWI, is cleaning up well. Some of the algae and other growth has discolored her decks, but those are responding to care and modern cleaners.

Attached Files:

2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Most shift cables have a length/part number printed on the plastic shield either in feet or meters.

If you still have black spots on the deck, a good bathroom mildew remover spray and a hard scrubbing brush should remove it but don't leave it on for long and rinse it off as the bleach can turn the gelcoat yellow after a while.
  3. JeffH

JeffH Member

On my 1983 46 SS the fresh water pump is located under the twin sized guest berth near center line. There is a hatch under the mattress near the foot of the bed.
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

On my Sunliner it's in the engine room..lol..engine crawl space port side forward of the engine, next to the water tank.
    Liquid TSP will clean up those decks quickly too, btw. you can get that at the hardware store or paint shop. the powder TSP doesn't work as well I find.
  5. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

And I would not recommend using that pressure washer....it will create more leaks and damage....Pressure washers and boats don't mix.
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Sorry not to be nosy, but ...I just replaced the gaskets on both my transom and deck Bomar hatchs. Defender marine has it 9/16'' diameter. I think you might need it.
  7. Pamela005

Pamela005 New Member

Thank you. I started cleaning the deck with regular boat soap, then Starbrite, then Vsoap, then scrubbing with various cleaners, without results. I finally gave up and started with the power washer with boat soap on light. Nothing cut through the growth or removed the lichens and other plant life. I used the power only as the last resort. There is still a layer of the stuff that I am using the soaps and cleaners on and hope by washing every other week I will eventually get down to the gelcoat. This one is easier than my sailboat which had eight years of bird droppings crusted on it. I am still working on cleaning that off, seven years on.

I did not see a pump on the port engine room. I will pull up the stbd floor next time I am on her and search around there for the pump.
  8. Boomer

Boomer Senior Member

My 1984 46 has the water pump under the centerline bunk in the side cabin...try to
    Liquid toilet bowl cleaner to clean the decks
  9. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Make a slurry of bleach and boat soap (I like Aqua tech) in a bucket, spread it around, let it soak a little without drying and then scrub with a washdown brush.....should take the stuff right off.