Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

The Yacht & Brokerage Show Miami 2012

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Feb 9, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

After The Boat Show

Just South of the bridge I saw the 164" Feadship Aurora B.

aurorab.JPG

Docked just East of Aurora B was Inception formerly Man of Steel. You really get some idea of what she looks like under way in this video. She can really fly! Heesen Yachts - Superyacht Inception (HD) - YouTube Up, Up, and Away!

inception.JPG

Then along came a couple of good looking Azimuts.

azimut.JPG

The larger of the two was the awesome Azimut 116 Vivere seen here bringing down some "Somali" Pirates after having cocktails! Vivere - Azimut 116 - Cameo in Law & Order Criminal Intent - YouTube If she comes equipped with the deck gun, a couple of rounds of ammo, and the bazooka I will make an offer today! :D

azimutb.JPG

vivere.JPG
  2. discokachina

After The Boat Show

Here comes one of Sunseeker's blue hulled beauties!

sunseeker.JPG

Let's Go is looking good with a beautiful tender alongside.

letdsgo.JPG

Sea Bee 1 is quite obviously a well kept 2005 Hargrave 97.

seebee.JPG

Northern Answer was built in a small boat yard in Westport, WA. She is looking good such a long way from home.

norternanswer.JPG

The crew on Aurora B have spit polished her hull till they can see their reflections! Ok guys, you have buffed your anchor enough already, you can take a break now; didn't anybody tell you the show was over yesterday!

aurorac.JPG
  3. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Great shots! Thanks!
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree with you in most cases about the looks of the cats. However, I saw and went on the Horizon 58' Cat. It really has a lot of BIG yacht features. The aft deck is the size of an aft deck on a 150' MY, the on deck master is huge as well. The flybridge is very very large also and it has all of the outer deck area sizes of what you'd find on a 150' MY as does the tender area on storage locker, the Salon and galley were probably the square footage of a 70'. It looked pretty good IMO, and had many benefits. However, I don't feel it justified the $3million price tag.
  5. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Horizon 58

So you are talking about this vessel here:

Recent Launch: Horizon 58' Power Catamaran - YachtForums.Com
    Horizon Yachts | Define Your Horizon-Model Series-PC series-PC58 Overview

...lots of HP, Twin CUMMINS 705HP

...likely a much better product than the vessels coming from mainland China, as they have years of experience now in Taiwan

...and what sort of a price might someone pay for that 'comparible' 125-150' monohull yacht?
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

There is no comparison from that 58' to a 125' yacht. Horizon did a nice job of keeping rooms all on 1 level, but there are still lot's of stairs..........That is the boat. All of the heads had a nasty white/grey/black color scheme that didn't flow with the rest of the boat which was nicely done including the interior woodwork.....
  7. discokachina

On The Way Back From the Show

Here are a few more shots taken from under the 17th Street Causeway Bridge of boats returning from the show.

Sorry I did not get the name or maker of this nice cruiser.

dayboat.JPG

What would any show TV, Boat, or otherwise be without the gorgeous Charley's Angel a 1999 85' Tarrab?

charlang.JPG
    charang2.JPG

Sunday Money was named that by Dale Earnhardt because that was the only day he made big money racing on the NASCAR circuit.

sunmon.JPG
    sunmon2.JPG
  8. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

The smaller blue hulled cruiser is a Back Cove 37. She's made in Maine by the same builder who make Sabre.
  9. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Nice background for SundayMonday! (Pegasus V)

Thanks for the effort.

Cheers.
  10. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

North End Composites

Minor detail... Sabre is a stand alone company that contracted North End Composites (NEC) to build raw hulls... Sabre's success led them to subcontract that aspect (as is pretty common in Maine). The majority of Sabre's build is done in Raymond, a couple hours from Rockport (NEC) . From the maineboatbuilders web site:

"North End Composites, builder of Back Cove Yachts, has been building high quality products for the marine industry since 1975." ... "North End Composites has, over the years, provided plug and mold making, as well as repetitive production, for many of the major builders in the pleasure boat market. Amongst NEC's clients were Hinckley's sail and Picnic boat programs, Shelter Island 38 Runabout, various Lyman Morse custom projects, Grady White, Boston Whaler, and, of course, the Sabre and Sabreline sail and power boat lines built by Sabre Yachts in Raymond, Me."

Making truly quality fiberglass hulls requires sophisticated facilities, equipment, and craftsmen... which NEC has in spades. Its that mix of resources in Maine that enable the creation of world class products, from tiny yards to the big guys... (yes I'm a bit biased about my home state....!:D)
  11. JB1150

JB1150 New Member

chuckb - no arguments here and thanks for the clarification. I'm hoping to move into a new boat in the next few years (disclosure - new to me as she'll definitely be used) and there is a very good chance that boat will be Maine built. The Back Cove 37 is on the short list.
  12. carelm

carelm Senior Member

chuckb,

Also thanks for the clarification. I had thought Back Cove and Sabre were owned by the same company since I saw them being advertised together in Yachting magazine with very similar layouts. Both had maps of Maine as a background. Both companies make top-notch products IMHO.
  13. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Update to my previous post, Sabre Yacht's website mentions Back Cove Yachts as an affiliate which explains the similar ads.
  14. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

That boat "Vivere" looks so familiar. I'm wondering if that is the same boat that is owned by one of our fellow YF members.