Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Mulder

The World is Not Enough

Discussion in 'Millennium Yacht' started by thomed, Mar 4, 2005.

1. thomed

thomed New Member

While at the Miami Boat Show, we got a tour of this vessel. Man oh Man!!

2 turbines, 10,000 hp each, (these are relatively tiny next to the Paxman diesels). The diesels are started 24 hours before moving the vessel, to warm up.

ALL hardware is weighed, each and every screw, fastener, etc. The doors are beautiful, look like they weigh 50 lbs. each, none is greater than 4 lbs. Super high tech honeycomb aluminum thruout, etc.

And man, is she fast! Did 64 knots in sea trial, holding back on engine reserves still left with the turbines!! They have a DVD onboard of some runs. When she flies by it's a WHOOOSSHHHH like a jet aircraft!!

Conventional deep V, NOT cat, tri, or hydrofoil design, for seaworthiness.

Can post some pics later.

This one is the cat's pajama's!!!!

Ask is about 26 mill, depending on power chosen.....

2 hulls were likely sold at the show.

Tom Dogan
    Hot Tomolly
    Commodore, Lake Michigan Yachting Association
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Tom,

Agreed! Staluppi has blurred the lines between a speed boat and luxury yacht, proving that light materials and heavy horsepower can produce astonishing results. We have an extensive review of the M-140 here...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352

Enjoy! :)
  3. catmando

catmando Senior Member

The diesels have to warm up for 24 hours??? :eek: Jeez how much fuel does THAT waste? :rolleyes:
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Normally you have to preheat the more powerful diesels, this is not the same as running them. Could be a misunderstanding?
  5. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Well you said they are "started" so I took it that way. I'm not familiar, obviously, with those huge motors and their startup procedures. But one reason I still come here and post is to learn. On several occasions I have made "unlearned" comments, and for that I apologize.

Even at my advanced age(61), I love learning new things, especially things Nautical. :)
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Catmando, you got it right, but I was referring to Toms´ post where I think he mixed up - starting up with - warming up. We´ll see, but I also doubt they are running the engines for 24 hours...