Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Abeking

The whole story

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Oneiros, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

more D-day

WOW ther she is in the sea so nice 10 weeks of work is over

Attached Files:

2. q240z

q240z New Member

HAHAHA! Excellent pix! I can't believe you picked the boat up with that little tiny crane!! lol
  3. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Wow

Wow.... Dr. Sweeden,

You have really been through a tough time. I must respect your diligence!
  4. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

Jepp but we cut of all security the crane kan lift 10 ton but only 2m outside the truck
  5. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Trim Tabs

Dr. Sweeden,

Did you add theose trim tabs or where they alwasy there? If you added them, how did the performance very vs. th integrated factory ones?

Homer
  6. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

trimtabs

They were mounted on the boat when purchased it but I can not remember the make, it's hydraulic the trimtabs was mounted on a wooden planks, but I have a metal block which they are mounted on now a question do you work on your boat now? I'll continue with my in March
    Erik
  7. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Yes

It is inside, but economy so bad now, not improving and my business is not good.... will have to slow down. We are going through hell in USA these days. I know why, but best not to say as many people reading this may not grasp why or perhaps disagree. It's a matter fo understanding the politcal economic climate many Amercians do not grasp well. No point in arguing political religions. Sufffice it to say, we will be better after November of 2010 when the educuted American people vote for big changes. Until then, it will be slow going for most people working in the private sector.
  8. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

Okej
    Yes we have some problems here in Sweden to. We are so dependent on you and when the banks went bankrupt with you got the consequences here in sverige.but our economy is now heading up GM selling Saab and it was good for Sweden steel exports increase.so I hope 2010 is going to be better then last year
  9. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Interesting

1) Go to Google...
    2) Type in 3 Words together:
    3) Dodd Obama Raines

You can rely on the media or you can read scholarly documentation on the subject. Believe what you choose to believe. People are free to decide what they feel is truth, far be it from me to make suggestions, allow your own mind to decide. Last I took a True False test, there was only one right letter. S for spin was not one of the letters... ony T or F. Do believe what Pravda writes too?

I may be fairly well-informed and can read well-written speaches too. Some will do anything for votes, others will do anything for boats. Whenever some wish to populate their thoughts with misrepresetation or disimformation, they can always detour to MSNBC.
  10. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

What does this have to do with boating, Carl this is what I meant in my email.
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Agreed.

Homer, we try to avoid subjects like politics and religion on YF. They often serve to divide a community that is united by a common interest. Please keep threads on topic!
  12. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Hat boy you have posted the same question everywhere, once would work.
  13. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Will do Carl...

It was a bit of a response to Dr. Sweeden's comment on steel plants and the like that has hurt Sweeden as a result of the worldwide "slowdown" which did start here; informed individuals do know ground zero, who and why.

What happended is what I wrote for fellow sailors to "Google." I made no comment, let others reach their own. It is my business and I am well-read on the matter, a bipartisan reality indeed, BUT sorry if it was found to be an inappapropriate location for a piece of noteworthy research, AND it did relate/affect the boating industy... shut it right down! In fact, perhaps Hat is partially correct, but I looked though some of his posts and found off-topic comments as well, but did not feel inspired to "tat hat." If I have an issue with someone's behavior, I look them directly in their own eye. What I did not like is the: "See Carl" tattle, nobody welcomes this approach. A private message to me would have been the way to handle. I would have respected and clearly heard in all due fairness. Case closed, I shall remain on topic.

The thread I started is getting more and more swamped as you can see. It's exciting to see so many Roamers flying out of the woodwork that never would have been seen or known about.. testimony not only to Chris Craft's longevity, but to the classic American production breed itself.... not bad to see them all looking so great nearly 45 years later. People are reved-up about this company and this great American name. People are learning more and more, as am I.

I read your other commentary about intimidating others on the "closed thead"... "if you know a lot." I do know a fair amount about Roamers and may be one of the, or perhaps the only orignial owner/son around so have much to share. And, I always answer people's questions best I can, even if I must research first and do encourage participation and feedback. People are coming out of the woodwork and they are adding to the qualtiy of the Forum and presentation. I'ts encouraged and some cool stuff is happening. I can't imagine what your bandwidth bill is though.. must be an ouch!

Again, I am truly sorry if I was inappropriate in any way... but do happen to know what is going on "Downtown."

Take Care,

Homer Roamer
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  14. watjam

watjam New Member

I agree with you K1W1, and thank you Homer for answering all my dumb questions. It's guys like you that go out of their way to help fellow Roamer owners out that make this stuff fun and wothwhile.
    Also, not to be nosey, but does anyone know as to the wherabouts of our
    fearless leader Eric? Now there's a guy who has done incredible things
    to keep the Roamer legacy alive and well. Hope all is well with Eric - We miss you.
    Watjam
  15. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Ya I know Captain Eric

Watjam.... I will hook you up.. I know him well, been on Tin Tonic, he's been on my wreck too, but something must be wrong. He does not call me back, as if me be a downwind ripe chunk of Limburger Cheese.

Homer Roamer
  16. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

sample tour

At last, I steer her out of the bay such a nice feeling so exciting the enginer runs

Attached Files:

17. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Sweeeeeeeet!

I mean... well, both your girls:)
    Is she getting jealous of the other?
    Fans fans want to know...
    Hit bottom and we shall consider it a mud wrestling match.;)
  18. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

How wonderful to see the real enjoyment of hard work and...just messin around in boats...well.................that's all folks....
  19. watjam

watjam New Member

Fine job

Drink it in....Drink it in - you deserve it. Hat's off to Oneiros!
  20. homer1958

homer1958 Member

You bet!

Hats off to the wild Swede!

Someone misrepresented the condition of steel hull. He bought it in USA and shipped it to Sweeden then found it needed MAJOR plating. He did the job, did not to complain, and now it appears he has a Roamer that could crush glaciers.

The man did it! Not all steel Roamers have this issue, he's fixed it better than new it seems.

It's Miller time for Captain Sweeden.

If you do not mind me asking.. how many American dollars did it take to replate your hull?