Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Perko

The "Sea Deuce" 65 Donzi hull #4 - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Donzi/Roscioli Yacht' started by Bamboo, Dec 19, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Fwd stbd

Attached Files:

2. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Aft salon. A larger Viking is sitting on the T head floating dock next to us in the reflection. Someone will buy another older boat instead of this one and that'll happen because they look past all the details of keeping this one in top shape.

Attached Files:

3. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Price drop to $299K Come steal this boat!
  4. BUIZILLA

BUIZILLA New Member

geezus, what a steal.................................. :cool:
  5. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

New caulk on the port side windows- as you know the stbd side had new caulk just a bit back. New trim tab hydraulic lines; pics to follow. Did I mention that we had 2 new 8D AGM 12volt batteries installed? Also the back Salon/Cockpit wall had a bit of water intrusion under the paint so we had to remedy that. The whole exterior wall was tested and two small soft spots were removed and then faired; the entire wall was painted. American Yacht Restoration did the work- Dana Andrews and his staff did a top notch job and I was very satisfied. The salon door was also removed and painted, plus the interior was stripped and refinished. Again, pics to follow.
  6. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

new port main fuel/power steering cooler...

IMG_3696 (2).JPG
  7. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

new port salon window caulk to match the aft and stbd side... IMG_3684 (2).JPG
  8. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

wall fixed and painted... IMG_3688 (2).JPG
  9. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

IMG_3692 (2).JPG New trim tab hydraulic lines- port...
  10. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

stbd IMG_3694 (2).JPG
  11. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

The fuel cooler was custom made with my input so a standard size zinc could be utilized at a better installation angle; perpendicular to the cooling tubes by adding space at the steering cooler end. I'm pleased.
  12. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Looking great! I can't believe nobody is buying this at your asking price. I paid a bit less for my 54' but it wasn't in nearly the condition of yours and of course is a lot less boat than your 65'. Your challanges in selling (giving away) is exactly why I'm leaning heavily toward a repower vs. trying to sell and get something newer.
  13. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

Specs on speed and fuel consumption?
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Just like the automotive world, making a profit on a re power which is a marathon undertaking in a boat compared to a car for the most part rarely provides a decent return if selling on is something you are considering unless you got the original vessel/vehicle for a song.

If you buy one with worn out running gear that can be overhauled you are already out in front compared to re powering as it is not so much the cost of the lumps that bites it is all the extra bits and pieces you will no doubt find you need when trying to get it all connected up and running.
  15. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Top end is around 30 and I cruise around 20-22. At cruise I burn around a 95 gallons an hour, fuel burn drops dramatically with slower speeds. I could cruise at a higher speed but I'm not a cowboy and there are always newer boats which are faster. I quite like the 16V92's and they are a great match for the 65 Donzi. No smoke at any speed or start up due to proper propeller pitch and block heaters. I'm glad they are the non-DDEC versions- I've had very few issues over the last 10 years which could not be solved quickly or serviced by nearly anyone, anywhere. Parts are easy to find and not overly expensive.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  16. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

We just had a survey which appeared to go smoothly. I say "appeared" because I do not have the final report in writing but the oral report after all the paperwork was filled out and speaking with the surveyor(s) they commented on the overall high ratings they had. I was one of the only vessels they visited lately which actually had a copy of the rules of the road aboard, lol. They joked that perhaps the window caulking was photoshopped,(they had seen the thread here before coming over) but having a written/photographic history here certainly does not hurt in showing the overall condition of the boat over the years. Quite professional staff I must note.
    BTW- did you note the new ship's bell in post #128? I like shiny things!
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  17. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Undersized but it is nice and shinny.
    I think you may be required to have a 8 " bell. The picture may be deceiving but it looks like a 6" cocktail bell.
    Oh, is it that time already??
    Ding ding..

You may see something in the survey.
  18. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Whitecap produces both a 6" and a 8" brass bell. They look identical other than size. We don't ring the bell for cocktails- we turn on the Sailfish light which is my avatar pic! I'd be glad to find "something" in the survey- it means I have the chance to improve.
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Outstanding & positive.
    Cheers,
  20. water-baby

water-baby Member

if you are serious I can post pictures
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.