Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Comfort Click for Walker Click for Westport

Testing the Waters!!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by captaindetjg, May 13, 2009.

1. captaindetjg

captaindetjg New Member

Hello Roamers,

I'm agonizing over what to do with a 1962 aluminum hull 28' Silver Comet Roamer. We were getting ready to drop her in last week, and one of the thru hull cooling water threaded inlets apparently wore with the brass elbow connection. I was disappointed, but glad to have discovered it in the yard, and not at the bottom of the ramp!! Nothing too major I'm hoping.

I'm trying to learn more about these particular vessels, to find out if the nickles and dimes she's going to cost me are worth it, or if I should trade my 1/2 of her to another enthusiast, for his 88ish 21' Cavalier!!?? The Roamer has twin inboards, 327's I think, and was originally purchased a few years back by me and another Detroit Fireboat Capt., because I learned that this particular model also was made into a fireboat aka the 'Red Comet'. He wanted to go thru the hull for pumping capabilities, but I enjoyed the pleasure of a vintage old cruiser, while we played the political process of getting Detroit's Fireboat back in service, (which we are doing again!!) Ahh life in the big city!!

In other words, she may be going up for sale..Any advice, input, feedback, words of wisdom,etc. would be greatly appreciated. As I will keep all respondents posted and let interested parties here know 1st of her availability, as this would seem to be best for her than other venues of sale.

Thanks for your interest
    Marty