Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Tender selection help wanted

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Thomas Lozick, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Thomas Lozick

Thomas Lozick New Member

Currently under contract for a Sunseeker 95 with no tender. The transom is quoted as being able to hold 2,200lbs.

The boat currently has two jet skis on the transom that the mrs wants to keep.

Would like a tender that can hold 8 passengers with a low draft to be able to go to the beaches in the Bahamas.

If we keep the toys, would likely tow from Ft Lauderdale to the Bahamas.

Looked at and liked Williams 435 but Captain telling me too much of a pain to maintain with sand and stuff getting in the impellers.
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

If you're going to always tow it, just get a CC with outboards..
    I'm not sure I'd tow a 435 in the open ocean, I also can't see more than 4-5 people on board but others may have a different opinion
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

You re not going to fit 8 on that Williams…. I wonder if you can really row that thing anyway.

we have a 15’ Walker Bay Generation 450 on the Lazzara 110 I run. We got it 8 years ago for the previous boat, an 84. It will carry 8 adults, a little tight, but it will plane. The next size up, 17’, would be perfect but not worth upgrading at this time.

if you re going to thru the trouble of towing, then you ll be better off with a center console.
  4. EShipp

EShipp New Member

On the 95, 2 jet skis should fit on the back of the flybridge. That would free up the transom for a bigger Williams.
  5. gcsi

gcsi Member

I’m in the Bahamas now on a 75’ Hatteras. We have a 16 RIB on upper deck as well as a towed 32’ open fisherman.

From our perspective, the towed 32 is a game changer. It allows us to really stretch our legs relative to how far we can comfortably run to reach better diving and fishing areas (we are fisher/diver types).

Additionally, weather that will make any ride in the RIB uncomfortable hardly impacts the 32. If the wind is really blowing (20kts+), while not ideal offshore conditions we’re still able to run around near shore comfortably and offer our guests an outing to neighboring islands without being stuck on the Hatteras.

We also use the 32 as our primary tender. It’s not unusual to load the Hobie Pedalboards and head out in search of remote beaches, coves, sandbars etc… With a bit of care, you can usually get within an easy wade of most beaches; oftentimes being able to put the bow on the beach.

More often than not we’re able to side tie the 32 while at marinas.

In short, we seldom use the RIB while in the Bahamas, the 32 just does everything better.

Brett
  6. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Still looking ? This one yr old RIB with Hypalon Tubes showed up by buddy borrowing my boat lift for the weekend. 21 ft. 150 hp. Suzuki. Will be or sale but not yet listed & no idea the price. Plate says max hp. 200. Max people, 12. Lousy photo but looks nearly new.
    IMGP0276.JPG