Click for MotorCheck Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for Comfort Click for Furuno

Tackle Storage ideas - 40 open

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Joe McKairnes, Dec 9, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Joe McKairnes

Joe McKairnes Member

Boat is new to me. While it's in winter storage, I'm thinking about where I can store tackle (extra leader, lures, terminal hardware). Love to see/hear what you all are doing! It has the built in tackle storage, but it's really small. Prior owner told me he removed it for more space in the port side....Thx!
  2. CaptainChase

CaptainChase Member

Did you come up with anything? I’ve been thinking about keeping extra gear and extra filters in sealed boxes in the lazarette on outboard sides. Not very convenient if you have to access stuff often, but I figure it would be good for extra gear.
  3. Joe McKairnes

Joe McKairnes Member

not yet.... I'm looking to store lures, leader, terminal tackle, but want it easily accessible when fishing - dont like tracking into the cabin all the time.....
  4. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

I had also thought about installing drawers under the bench seats. It would allow access to some tackle without lifting cushions.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'd use temporary storage containers so your gear can be easily removed for winter lay up and so they can be moved for cleaning or if you find that great location in theory isn't as great as it could be in practice. Also so you can have all your gear on deck when you need it handy and not when you don't. Today there are plastic containers available in every configuration imaginable.
  6. Joe McKairnes

Joe McKairnes Member

I like both these ideas!