Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights

Sunseeker Manhattan Advise

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by paynedwp, Jul 15, 2004.

1. paynedwp

paynedwp New Member

I am close to taking the plunge. I am currenty in a 43' express and want to move up up to a 56-64 Manhattan. The prices are all over the board. Aside from survey data and a good captains advise what else should I be looking for?

Who are the competing companies for these type of Yacht's? Also keep in mind I think (on the surface it looks smarter?) that in need to buy a 2-5 year old to get value. Is this still true? I havn't look for 8 years and don't want to repeat mistakes made back then.

Dan
  2. John B

John B Senior Member

You should be looking at Azimut, Fairline, Ferreti and probably Viking as well.

Vikings are made by Princess I believe and branded as Viking Sport Cruisers here. Fairline is UK, Azimut and Ferreti are Italian.

I looked at the Manhattans in the size you are talking about and personally wasn't thrilled with the layout. Main thing was the galley being on a lower level than the salon and dining area. I didn't think this made much sense. My wife loved the Sunseeker express models, but wasn't thrilled by the Manhattan models. We were looking for something in the 55-65 ft range. I love the Predators.

In the end we bought an Azimut 68 Plus. 62 has a really nice layout and is a beautiful boat. 55 is also very nice. I may be biased, but you should see the Azimut 55 and 62 for yourself before you pull the trigger. I see alot of the 62's around now and they are very nice. They had just come out and were not available when I was looking.

John
  3. Alec_

Alec_ New Member

Sunseeker Predator70

The new Sunseeker predator 70 is coming out in the 2005.
    If you have seen or are aware of the Azimut 68S this Sunseeker looks very similar to it, only better ofcourse ;)
  4. puder

puder New Member

dan,

Not sure if you are still looking for a sunseerk or not. BUT I can tell you that Jon B's comments about the layouts are sort of true. Some people aren't into the "galley down" layout. The good news is the 56 and 64 (and all sizes larger) manhattans are available in several different configurations to meet the needs of all boaters :)

check out www.sunseekerny.com and you can see some drawings of the different layouts that are available. Additionally, you can also use the "biuld your own" feature to configure a sunseeker with options and all.
  5. Packinair

Packinair New Member

HEY PUDER :D funny running into you here.. cool site

ps.. only 1 spelling error, I AM IMPRESSED ;)
  6. puder

puder New Member

oh god they let you join!

yeah this is a pretty cool site. Mildly different crowd than OSO but interesting none the less
  7. Yachtguymke

Yachtguymke Senior Member

I'll Add one More

Check out the new Sealine T60 from the UK. Just launched this year. Contact me for more information.
  8. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Geeze, just when I thought it was safe here.
    Packin and now Puder!!!!!!!! Welcome aboard Puder, DJD here.
  9. Packinair

Packinair New Member

yea, poor Carl has no idea what has just happened to his forum :D