Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno

Stove Safety Switch

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Av8torjim, Apr 29, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Av8torjim

Av8torjim New Member

Has anyone had to replace a stove safety switch? I've got a 2011 37 Canyon and the safety switch, which is pressed in by the counter-top insert to prevent the stove from working with the cover on, is corroded and won't release. I've tried anti-corrosion liquids and prying with no success. I guess I need to change the switch. Based on the pictures, it appears that I have to remove the refrigerator in order to get to the switch. Does anyone have a better idea? Also, does anyone have a suggestion on where I can buy a replacement switch? My search of the web has come up empty. Thanks in advance! IMG_3907.JPG Stove Switch.jpeg Galley.jpeg
  2. alvareza

alvareza Member

I had to do the same thing on a prior boat, I thought the switch was bad. Once I had the refrigerator out it was easy to access the switch. In my case one of the bayonet connectors had come loose. Replaced all the connectors while I had access and it was good to go. I tie wrapped the stove top wires out of the way prior to reinstalling the fridge.

Once you access the switch search the internet for any markings on the switch. I have had good luck doing this. The switch is likely a momentary door switch with off when depressed.
  3. Av8torjim

Av8torjim New Member

Thanks. I guess I'll pull the fridge and see what I find. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.